There are really only some small things needed to make the browser so much better,but as i learned the last couple of months rim isnt able to listen and deliever those things.
    Some things that would make it so much better.
    -full screen browsing in some kind of way,the option to see the thinner bar is good but why is there only a back and the reader button,there should be at least the forward and more important the favorite button,for now the thin bar is pretty uncomfortable to use and the normal bar is way to big on a 7" device
    -auto fit pages,this would be very usefull in portrait mode,every android browser has this option and its a must have in portrait.Most pages are a pain to browse in portrait because the text is way to small for comfortable reading even after a double tab.
    -edit favorites of course,and it should stay that way even after exiting the browser and nice how the browser is,it does that itself often,very often,really annoying
    -auto complete and auto fill in;no matter how often i log in to my filesonic accounts or others like that,it never auto completes.
    -and whats with these awkward reload button behavior since the betas,it just doesnt make any sense,i can reload but the url bar doesnt close till i hit the bar,but then i does a google search,what the heck is that supposed to be
    -better javascript,i know i complain much about it but it is just unusable.The experience of the browsing with javascript enabled is no fun.Turned off the experience is a completly different one,i only turn it on if i really have too,even my old desire has a better javascript performance.
    -use of more swipe gestures,rim be smart and use the power of the sensitive boarder,the android back swipe is a point in the right direction though i dont think such gestures will make it into the tablet os other than the android player.

ok that should be enough for now,and i am pretty sure none of those things mentioned will ever be done.
    They should take a good look at dolphin hd,since version 7,its the best mobile browser in my opinion.
    If the android browser would have better performance i would use it much more on the pb,but right now ,the native one is just so much faster,even lacking the most standard features
    Last edited by nimrodity; 12-07-11 at 08:34 PM.
    12-07-11 08:31 PM
    @ Nimrodity , i totally agree with you . The playbook browser needs to be improved on to a more advanced level than the google chrome and safari
    12-08-11 02:31 AM
    i really hope there is a big oberhaul coming with the final release of 2.0 in february.
    Right now,it lacks feautes and looks somehow old fashioned,dont get me wrong it does its job and not bad at all,but there are so many points where the opponents are so much further.
    How bout some innovating 2 finger swipes and some other cool stuff,the bezel could be so mighty if used right,it could be one outstanding feature.Swiping alone doesnt do the trick no more,others found out too how to implement swipe gesture even without the bezel.
    So rim stick your nose in the right forums and listen to what the customer wants
    12-08-11 03:16 AM
    I need: "on demand" for Flash plugin, and a "find in page" option. Those are two very important features for a mobile browser IMO.
    12-09-11 02:01 AM
    I need: "on demand" for Flash plugin, and a "find in page" option. Those are two very important features for a mobile browser IMO.
    Very true, Although the browser on the playbook might be the best by far i've seen so far compared to other tablets and mobile devices!

Still, "on demand" for Flash plugin, and a "find in page" option should have been in there as a "standard" thing for a mobile browser. Since it can be hard to look for stuff when you know they are on the page.
    12-09-11 06:27 AM
    nimrodity what version of the OS are you running?
    12-09-11 07:29 AM
    the latedt os2 beta,why?
    the browser didnt really change or improve since day one in my opinion so what difference does it make?
    12-09-11 08:51 AM
    haha - good point. You'd think they would throw us a bone and at least let us rearrange and rename favorites. How friggin' hard could that be to add?
    12-09-11 09:24 AM
    Bookmarks management would be great... sorting options, renaming, assigning icons... THE ABILITY TO BACK THEM UP DURING A PB BACKUP...DUH!!!
    12-09-11 09:30 AM
    thats my point,the browser seems to have some sort of alzheimer,it just cant remember things good,if being closed or if crashed,which happens much to often for a system native browser.Why is it so damn unstable.
    I really wonder how good the developing skills of rims people are,to be honest,the os is 9 months old,but though there were some updates,i dont seem so reakly see any REAL improvement overall,especially the browser.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-09-11 09:41 AM
    Fingers crossed for a bit of an overhaul in OS 2.0
    12-09-11 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD