OK, now this is odd. In a previous life, I used a similar hack to make multiple Google calendars sync with Windows Phone with no issue. I was able to do the same this time with my PB, or so it seemed. I am syncing 7 Google calendars - 3 were created by me, 3 are created by others, and 1 is a public calendar. The public calendar isn't syncing, but that's no big deal and was reported earlier in this thread.

However, one calendar that I created isn't syncing. The non-syncing calendar shows up in my list of calendars and it is checked. I've tried removing all the calendars except it and it didn't sync. I added all the other calendars back to it and left that non-syncing one off and then added it separately and it didn't sync. Between each of these attempts, I wait a full day to make sure it has time to sync. Oddly enough, if new events get added to the non-syncing calendar either on my PC or through my wife's PC or phone, the new events WILL sync to the non-syncing calendar. I just don't get it.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am completely open to them. The only thing I can think to do is delete all the events from the non-syncing calendar and adding them back and I don't want to do that unless it's a last resort.
    03-01-12 04:00 PM
    So this tells me that the problem lies with google and not with playbook?
    03-01-12 11:30 PM
    Hello, new to this forum but i'm up so bad i really need my question answerd.

I've tried to set up this multiple calendar syncing with my playbook but it is not working. I live in the Netherlands and when i follow the steps (in firefox, on pc and mac) it says device not supported. Whem i change the language at the bottom of the page to english US it gives me the iphone menu. I cant seem to figure out how to work aroud this.

I also have tried to set the google language to english, but i dont know if i did it right.

Also tried the simple browser solution, same problem.

can one you guys help me out please?

Thanks!

playbook OS 2.0
    03-02-12 05:09 PM
    When I go to m.google.com/sync PlayBook is not listed. I have done this over and over again all afternoon. Help? I am very new to BlackBerry PlayBook. I do not have a smart phone. I am supposed to do these directions on my laptop, correct? Was/am I suppose to set up an account in my PlayBook calendar app first? Thanks for helping the noobie.
    03-14-12 06:35 PM
    Hi
    I use just one gmail calender so I added the gmail account to my playbook and allowed calender sync on my blackberry bold. For some reason, appointments that I put into my handset sync however the timezones are all wrong. I cannot see anything obvious. Any ideas?
    05-14-12 04:17 PM
    Are there any detailed instruction as to how to add Google Calendar (Caldav) on our Playbook?
    08-08-12 05:50 AM
    There's an app in App World called Calendar Sync that will simplify the process so you can do it directly from your playbook.

Disclosure: my friend made the app
    Wolfgan and ralfyguy like this.
    08-28-12 11:01 PM
    I used this method when I first read about it on CB, it worked flawlessly. However, I added some new calendars to my google account and it suddenly stopped working. I have tried everything, with firefox, chrome and even simplebrowser, but I've had no luck so far. I'm suspecting that google have done something to make this procedure not work any more.

All I get now is this:
    Multiple Calendars - Gmail - Playbook OS 2.0-google.jpg
    Last edited by inan; 12-13-12 at 02:36 PM.
    12-13-12 02:02 PM
    There's an app in App World called Calendar Sync that will simplify the process so you can do it directly from your playbook.

Disclosure: my friend made the app
    I installed this and it worked like a charm. The. cool thing is that the settings stick on the Google server even if you deleted and readded the account. I don't know how your friend did this, but he's a frigging genius!
    12-21-12 07:33 PM
    We need the app for the bb phone not theplaynook. The playbook should work without any app. The playbook doesn't allow .ics calendar feeds.
    12-23-12 05:50 AM
    I used this method when I first read about it on CB, it worked flawlessly. However, I added some new calendars to my google account and it suddenly stopped working. I have tried everything, with firefox, chrome and even simplebrowser, but I've had no luck so far. I'm suspecting that google have done something to make this procedure not work any more.
    Yes, Google decided to discontinue activesync for new users Google phasing out ActiveSync push mail for free customers | Ars Technica , so new activations are resolved to imap+caldav+carddav
    Wolf
    12-24-12 06:53 AM
    I have noticed that the app takes care of the problem beautifully when I set up my Google with the Active Sync option.
    However using the Caldav option only the primary calendar is showing up as before, even though all options were selected in the app. So I assume Caldav does only support the primary calendar no matter what?
    12-24-12 08:16 AM
    Iirc caldav supporst delegate calendars, it's just recent google changes that seem to have broken the functionality for certain platforms, see Google Apps CalDAV delegates iOS | ThePinguin.net
    12-25-12 06:37 AM
    I am having difficulty with getting my gmail calendar to sync with my PB - read your suggestion of having the google calendar icon checkmarked & was stumped.
    Where do I find this icon to checkmark?
    would you have any other suggestions?
    thank you
    Joy
    12-29-12 07:04 PM
    m.google.com/sync/settings
    Change the end from false to true and then select your device.
    Make sure you are logged not the google account
    Turn java off and emulate or use mobile browser
    Remember google is going to discontinue this service on iOS devices at end of January 2013.
    When will rim allow better integration to their calendars natively?
    12-30-12 12:31 AM
    m.google.com/sync/settings
    Change the end from false to true and then select your device.
    Make sure you are logged not the google account
    Turn java off and emulate or use mobile browser
    Remember google is going to discontinue this service on iOS devices at end of January 2013.
    When will rim allow better integration to their calendars natively?
    I tried to follow this. I cannnot find anything that says false to change to true. Could you please elaborate a bit more? And did you say to NOT be logged in?
    12-30-12 10:33 AM
    I am having issues adding a calendar that has been imported into Google Calendars. I tested by creating a new calendar listed under My Calendars and was able to add this calendar to the playbook using the following settings.

Descriotion: Test
    User: [email protected]
    Email: [email protected]
    Password: [email protected] password
    Server Address: https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[MY CAL ID STRING]@group.calendar.google.com/events

But when reusing these settings but changing the Server Address to:
    https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[IMPORTED CAL ID STRING]@import.calendar.google.com/events
    Or using Google's "Interesting Calendars"
    https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[Intersting CAL ID STRING]@group.v.calendar.google.com/events

I get an error. The above import link worked fine in Sunbird though.

So is there a way to add a calendar that has been imported to Gmail from a webCal link to the playbook. Or is there a way to add the intersting calendars to the playbook.

The end result I want is to have my favorite sports teams schedules added to the playbook calendar.

Edit:
    I have given up with getting this to work with Google calendars. A work around for any who are interested I created a live.com account added my calendars there added that account simply to the playbook, no jumping though hoops, or copy/pasting here or there. And have all my subscribed calendars now coming in.
    Last edited by Jason H2; 01-03-13 at 02:20 PM.
    01-03-13 01:10 PM
    I set up my wife's BBPB to sync email and contacts to her Google account without problems except having to create 2 accounts on the PB (one for email and one for contacts). For the calendar I sync to our MS Live account which also syncs to Outlook 2010.

My only problem is syncing the calendar to my Mac. I was told this was possible if I converted my Live account to Outlook.com, but I have not tried this yet. I would like to hear if others have been successful in syncing between a Mac and PB.
    01-06-13 12:05 AM
    I had spent hours over two evenings reading through the manual instructions... with NO luck. I downloaded "Calendar Sync" from App World, and VOILA... it's all working perfectly.
    Unless you love to tinker and explore, and learn by trial and error, pay the $1.99 and move on with your day... with your calendar completely synced.

Y
    Sim_1 likes this.
    01-17-13 01:26 AM
    I had spent hours over two evenings reading through the manual instructions... with NO luck. I downloaded "Calendar Sync" from App World, and VOILA... it's all working perfectly.
    Unless you love to tinker and explore, and learn by trial and error, pay the $1.99 and move on with your day... with your calendar completely synced.

Y
    Did the same on my Z10 and worked like a charm!
    parabola likes this.
    02-03-13 06:33 AM
    Did the same on my Z10 and worked like a charm!
    Please tell me bb10 allows native .ics subscription and multiple calendars like the playbook?

If not my days of Bb are over.
    02-03-13 07:27 AM
    I tried to follow this. I cannnot find anything that says false to change to true. Could you please elaborate a bit more? And did you say to NOT be logged in?
    Look to the URL I noted above. When you type it in the very end of it will say false. Change it to true.
    02-03-13 09:20 AM
    Make sure you are logged not your gmail/google account.
    02-03-13 09:22 AM
    Ok, I turned off Java and logged out of Google. Then I typed in m.google.com/sync/settings and I did not see anything that said false while typing.
    So I hit enter and it took me to a Google page abiut syncing with nothing to click on.
    Checked the URL and nothing had false in it either.
    Perhaps I am not smart enough for this.
    02-03-13 07:16 PM
    Ok, I turned off Java and logged out of Google. Then I typed in m.google.com/sync/settings and I did not see anything that said false while typing.
    So I hit enter and it took me to a Google page abiut syncing with nothing to click on.
    Checked the URL and nothing had false in it either.
    Perhaps I am not smart enough for this.
    Nope, it's not you. Google has removed the functionality. I've also found that adding my Google account on my PlayBook and using the App "Calendar Sync" as mentioned in this thread no longer works either. I believe the app simply automates the process that you do via m.google.com/sync. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but this has caused me to give Google the finger and hop over to outlook.com.

I created an account there. Then, exported my Google calendars to .ics format, and imported them on outlook.com. When I added my outlook.com account on my PlayBook, it grabbed ALL of my calendars automatically. Hot damn.
    02-04-13 07:05 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD