CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Missing transferred video files on playbook

I did a drag and drop of video files into my playbook video folder. While I can see the file and play from the folder on my computer, once I disconnected, there's no such video files to be seen on my playbook. What seems to be the issue?

What type of file? File extension? How large? You might try rebooting? Do you have Free Air browser or similar to look around the pb's folders?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default It's ogm files approx. 375mb

I'm looking into other solution before I have to get a software to convert the files. I just thought it's strange that I can view the file and the video while my playbook was connected to my Imac. Yet when disconnected, the file or video is nowhere to be seen on my playbook. I do have Air Browser but I can't locate the file either.
    Last edited by bambinoitaliano; 04-01-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    CrackBerry User

Air browser would be helpful to you so that you could see all the files in your downloads or video directory wherever you may have dropped it in, including orphan or incomplete files. It usually takes some time to copy a file over and if disconnected the incomplete. File will usually not show up. Also it would be helpful too know the format as it may be incompatible.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Transferred videos don't show up on PlayBook...

Hi, I found your post about transferring video files from your desktop to your PlayBook and then not seeing the files on the PlayBook even though you could see and play the videos from the Desktop Manager. I'm having the EXACT same problem. How did you fix this issue? I'm on a PC but I imagine the solution is similar to your Mac's. THANKS.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had the same problems before, from what i've experienced this is due to the fact that the playbooks video player does not support the file you transferred, you can try and use the desktop manager and see that the video file is indeed in your playbook but since the video player cant recognize the file it wont show up...
    Hope that helped..
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,257 Global Posts
    PIN
    k is my favorite color

Check in File Manager on your PB. For some reason, some of my videos go to File Manager instead videos.

Just play it from File Manager.