Quick question, I have a 16GB Playbook and have since September. Its still running OS1, and things are running smoothly. Having said that, there are 2 slight new "quirks" that have me slightly annoyed.

1. I left the stock charger at my Sister-in-laws, so I've been getting by with the plug-in charger from my 9810. It works, although it's a little slow. The charging icon though is no longer the lightning bolt that shows its charging, now it just shows as plugged in. Not a big deal, but I notice it.

2. A slightly more annoying behaviour, after having the playbook run for a while, the keyboard no longer auto-pulls up when I touch a text-sensitive area, be it in a browser or app. What I have to do is touch the text area, then diagonally swipe from the bottom left to make the keyboard drag up. Rebooting resets the behaviour. Again, not ideal.

So....anyone have any thoughts about any of this?
    01-03-12 06:37 PM
    The lack of a lightning bolt symbol means it's charging so slowly that you'll probably find it ineffective to use that charger. That said, you can improve the charging rate significantly by putting it in standby, or even turning it off in this case. The phone charger is simply not up to the job for regular use, same as with the USB port on most computers.

I think the keyboard thing is a common problem, likely a known bug, and something we should expect to see improved in future. I don't think it's a concern with your specific PlayBook since many of us have seen stuff like that.
    01-03-12 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD