Is there any plans from RIM to update the email app so i can see all my messages. This really get me mad because if I had an important message two months ago and I wanted to see today, I can't.
    11-06-12 12:39 PM
    You can't access your email account through the browser?
    11-06-12 02:18 PM
    If you want to maintain your email archive in the Playbook, something at least you and me find normal, you won't succeed with the native mail app.
    I fear like me you are bound to sideload one of the many Android apps that, indeed, do this normally*.
    I use Kaiten Mail; there also is K9-mail that is easier to find IIRC, but with a somehow less efficient GUI, at least to me.
    Be conscious that by doing this you renounce to any relation with the BB Contacts app for intance, and that the GUI still will be very, er, unusual at least. But it does work, even with PGP signatures etc.
    On RIM side I still didn't decide between abysmal stupidity, or a similarly stupid wish to control all and everything end-to-end even for non-BB email...
    H.

(*) and now be prepared to bear with angry replies explaining us that maintaining too many emails on such a small tablet indeed would be just unrealistic. From guys that daily load Gbytes of music/movies on the same tablet.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    11-06-12 03:34 PM
    I can see how the native email app on the PB may cause that to be an issue and hopefully it gets resolved. With that said, however, if you have a BB phone, you can set it to keep all messages indefinitely so if you are using BB Bridge, you have access to those 2 month old messages you are looking for. I don't know about you but for me, my phone is always with me and that includes while with my PB. I did set up my email to my PB but it seems a tad redundant since I have them Bridged pretty much all the time. Now, with that said, if you don't have BB phone, that doesn't really provide much of a solution to your dilema.
    11-06-12 04:02 PM
    You can't access your email account through the browser?
    Yes, you can. Should,nt have to on a "Native eMail". Plus yahoo etc, access sucks thru the pb browser.
    11-06-12 05:05 PM
    Is there any plans from RIM to update the email app so i can see all my messages. This really get me mad because if I had an important message two months ago and I wanted to see today, I can't.
    I agree that the maximum 30 day limit is a pain. I'm hoping to see that limit disappear with BB 10. I'd like to choose how far back messages sync, including "forever". An ideal option would be the ability to choose to download headers only. Bonus points if it could also provide viewing and applying Gmail labels. ~ecm
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 11-07-12 at 08:37 PM. Reason: grammar.
    11-07-12 08:37 PM
    Unbelievable that after a year and half, RIM still can't get fundamental messaging to work!

RIM=FAIL
    11-16-12 04:15 PM
    Blame your email provider not Rim. Google i can go back a year if i want to use the native PB client..
    11-16-12 07:48 PM
    Unbelievable that after a year and half, RIM still can't get fundamental messaging to work!

RIM=FAIL
    Hmm, what are you talking about? I think RIM has all and everything about messaging fundamental. in fact, RIM is the first company to introduce synchronized mobile messaging to the world.
    11-16-12 09:34 PM
    Hmm, what are you talking about? I think RIM has all and everything about messaging fundamental. in fact, RIM is the first company to introduce synchronized mobile messaging to the world.
    The native email app won't provide full IMAP synchronization of folders as every other tablet in the world can do. To get full folder support, you need sideloaded android apps. There are apparently other significant issues as well, but this is my main complaint.
    As well, there is a 30 day limitation on keeping old messages.
    Awful!
    11-19-12 09:36 AM