I have lost a couple GBs worth of free space during the upgrade process (2.0), and I didn't pay much attention to it; somewhere along the line of upgrading and using a few apps I found something strange.

I didn't lose just 1 or 2 GBs, I lost 9.5! After doing a scan, it seems that the Android folder in, "misc" has become populated with duplicate data of the media I already had (Music,Video,Pictures,etc.)

I don't think I have any apps that would do this, so I'm left to assume that the Android player has done this automatically. Is this the case with anyone else?
    02-22-12 09:17 PM
    I tried deleting some of the content from the Android folder and now it deletes the original also. This is crazy!
    02-22-12 09:39 PM
    It appears that the android folders are basically "sym links" to the other folders - i.e. mirrors of "duplicate" folders on the PB. So they are not taking up any more space.
    Last edited by meske; 02-24-12 at 09:35 AM.
    02-24-12 09:22 AM
    See http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7170863 . The Android files are not duplicates, just links. They do not take double space. Any space you lost was from something else.
    02-24-12 01:14 PM
    It appears that the android folders are basically "sym links" to the other folders - i.e. mirrors of "duplicate" folders on the PB. So they are not taking up any more space.
    This is correct
    02-24-12 01:32 PM
    My music player shows two entries for every song though.... Annoying.
    03-13-12 05:12 AM
    The included PlayBook Music Player shouldn't do that, it doesn't for me. Are you using a 3rd party one?
    03-14-12 07:23 PM
    That was mentioned in another thread, too. I checked in the native player yesterday. None of my mp3 tunes were duplicated when I went by album, artist, etc.
    03-14-12 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD