ok i got one for you:

about two weeks ago i got my new playbook (32GB) on ebay (at at great price). got it in my hands and the fun began. I really enjoyed my time checking out my new toy at the same time wanting to try other things with it (rooting, android apps etc) nothing different from maybe some of you.

i updated quickly to v2 (beta) but found out that i had gotten into to deep. i logged into the developer side to begin; i was required to enter in a password. entered it in fine everything great then i turned off the tablet. upon turning it back on it reuired that i enter in my pw again (fine) 1st try no good, 2nd try no good, 3rd, 4th, 5th,... 10th all no good. automatic wipe (built in security measure) fine. when it finally comes up and reboots back in v2 (beta) all programs are gone except two (2) browser and bridge, both worked but all other icons and programs are nowhere to be found.

got intouch with support (90 day free support ) but evertime i would try the tablet off and BBD restart to reinstall and down grade (afraid v2 is out of my league); it would start and fail sometime later not completing the job . after several atempts and finally being reminded to just simply get intouch with the guys at the beta unit i got back to v2 beta .

but this is not the end of the story i can finally get some apps loaded (from App World) i am content with just waiting for the official v2 to come out next month. i go to sleep last night again turned off the tablet to charge (just because) i get to work this morning turn it back on and to my surprise it boots up in V 1.0.8.6067 with 67 applications, 1201 tracks of music, 3 videos, 88 pictures and 1616 documents everthing that i had on it before this whole thing started. don't ask what happened don't know how to explain it; but i am definatley waiting for "official v2" to come out in Feb.

or again i may just wipe and reinstall v1 then wait for v2 to come.
    01-18-12 12:05 PM
    Wow. Sounds like there are/were two separate and distinct directories. One for 1.08 and one for 2.0
    El Bori likes this.
    01-18-12 03:49 PM
    the reason why this happened is because u didnt resign up with the beta thus wiping it made you lose everything , try this resign up for the beta and download it again and you will have all the programs back
    El Bori likes this.
    01-18-12 04:15 PM
    I don't know that I'd call this "magic" more like "mystery".
    El Bori likes this.
    01-18-12 10:32 PM
    Wow. Sounds like there are/were two separate and distinct directories. One for 1.08 and one for 2.0
    i notied that the available space (32GB originally) was down to 19GB and the programs i added i did not think would take up that much space, thanks for this.

i am going to ask you then: how would i go about wiping the whole book and recover the lost space?
    01-19-12 11:23 AM
    the reason why this happened is because u didnt resign up with the beta thus wiping it made you lose everything , try this resign up for the beta and download it again and you will have all the programs back
    sorry i beleive i did. i had to go back to the beta site and request the beta again they sent it thru my pin and i re-installed...
    01-19-12 11:26 AM
    I don't know that I'd call this "magic" more like "mystery".
    when i was going to school we would not call FM frequency modulation it was freakin magic. but see the other posts i beleive that is what may have actually happened, thank you all of the observation. very helpful...
    01-19-12 11:29 AM
    That's strange for sure. Least you got back majority of your stuff, which is a good thing.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    El Bori likes this.
    01-19-12 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD