I put some of my system apps in one folder, then while I arranging my folders on the top bar, I accidentally put the folder in itself. After that I can't find that folder and all its contents. What should I do?
    08-15-12 11:00 PM
    That's possible? I'm scared to even replicate lol.
    08-15-12 11:10 PM
    I put some of my system apps in one folder, then while I arranging my folders on the top bar, I accidentally put the folder in itself. After that I can't find that folder and all its contents. What should I do?
    Did you swipe the home screen off the first page onto the next home screen and the next home screen etc?

I think there are 4 home screens that can be swiped across aren't there?

Also - did you check in Files and Folders or another file keeper app to see that they were still in there?
    08-15-12 11:18 PM
    I already checked all the screens, can't find it. I found out that only the icons are gone, since my clock app is in that lost folder but when I tap the time it open up the clock app.
    08-16-12 12:38 AM
    I belive the free "ghostCommander" app can proide much help here. It displays almost any existing folder on your PB. You might then be able to restore the "circular reference" either by renaming one of the folder and/or moving the nested one (need to rename it first, I believe).

P.S: not tested.
    08-16-12 02:56 AM
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the lost apps? Any apps downloaded from app world can be uninstalled in My World, and any apps you may have sideloaded can be uninstalled with DDPB.
    08-16-12 04:24 AM
    I somehow lost the print to go icon also. No idea how to get it back short of a security wipe. I saw other posts here about similar issues with no real solutions. I would also be interested in ideas.
    08-16-12 08:06 PM
    I already tried reinstalling the apps I lost but it doesnt show the icons as well.
    08-16-12 11:12 PM
    With the lack of ideas being posted I am guessing that we are both headed toward a security wipe to get our app icons back.
    08-18-12 06:37 AM
    I'll try that but do you have any idea how to retrieve or back up my game saves before wiping my playbook?
    08-18-12 06:48 AM
    From what i've heard, it's not possible...

But hope i'm wrong tough - i don't want to lose my saved games...

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-18-12 07:12 AM
    But hey, isn't there a way to hide icons?

Maybe they're hidden...

08-18-12 07:14 AM
    But hey, isn't there a way to hide icons?

Maybe they're hidden...
    There's no user-accessible way of doing that (unless there's a bug), but there certainly is system support for hiding icons for some things that would otherwise show up on the home screen.
    08-18-12 10:54 AM
    I heard the parental control can be done by hidding the apps(from the kids)...

Maybe there's an app that does that :/

But then again, the OP had to want it at the first place lol

08-18-12 02:36 PM
    My son did the samething type of thing on his new 1 day old playbook yesterday.. Moved a Folder to the Dock and bye.. If you moved apps to the dock - bye.. note sure what he did..

I just debricked with the power on with BBDM open which fixed it. Then during dev/2.1 upgrade got stuck at 93%. I think the pin disappeared from the dev whitelist while updating... any ways retried tonight and it worked....
    08-20-12 10:44 PM
    Thinking about it, a hide option would be nice - IF we could make them unhide too.. (kinda like the BB Phone or iOS Poof)
    08-20-12 10:45 PM
    I did a security wipe, it will fix it for sure
    08-24-12 08:40 PM
    I tried to rearrange the apps on my home screen but a bunch of them got deleted and I can't seem to find them anywhere. I lost my camera app and my pictures and the browser. The only way to get to the browser is through the twitter app now. I need help and I don't know how to get my apps back
    12-13-12 02:46 PM
    If your Apps and games just lost the icons but still in your "My World" uninstalled lists, you still have a better possibility of recovering them... but if they'd gone, even in your "My World" uninstalled lists, like in my case, you're doom... like me... :-(
    12-21-12 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD