Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pacoman03
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Lost my browser and bridge browser icon's on playbook

Hey guys,

Need some help here. I was trying to move these items, and somehow, I got an error message, and then they vanished. I never deleted them, but they are no where in any folder on my playbook.

Anyone have suggestion of how I get them back? I went into appworld to see if they would be there, but there not.

Thanks.

Default Re: Lost my browser and bridge browser icon's on playbook

This is a known bug. The fix seems to be to move all icons to the dock so they disappear, then restart the PB.

Warning: Playbook OS Bug deletes default app icons
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    Thanked by:
    Crackberry-Hammer (11-12-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Re: Lost my browser and bridge browser icon's on playbook

This totally works. I had this issue today, and I got rid of verything - everything is now back. Gotta now make folders but that's alright. Thanks Branta!! Very much apprciated.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts

Just done the same thing. Let's hope this works for me.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Running JellyBean 4.3 - Playbook 64GB Running 2.1.0.1753
    Give me a drink, some Bacardi, gimme the decks and i'll Rock the Party.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    PIN
    2868AE69

Never had a Bridge Browser icon for some reason although I am currently writing this on the normal browser while connected though bridge on my 9860. Was the bridge browser removed in later builds? I'm asking this cause I only got my first BB phone last month and so I have only just started using Bridge.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default icon moved and could not found

please help me what is dock and how to move all icon there....how to disappear all icons.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by labdeep View Post
    please help me what is dock and how to move all icon there....how to disappear all icons.
    Lost my browser and bridge browser icon's on playbook-switchable-panel-balance.png

First always back up your PB on your computer (and if you already have one, don't over write it)!
    See that lower bar with all the icons (Mail, Contacts, Browser, Calendar, and AppWorld)? That is your dock. When you see all your apps (by swiping up or hitting the little ^, the dock still shows, but looks separate to the other apps)
    1. Hit the little ^ button to bring up all the icons (or swipe up).
    2. Press one icon until a small X shows up next to the icon. Now you can freely move any of the icons around.
    3. Drag (touch and don't release) the dock icons out of the dock (when the icon is out of the dock remove your finger from the screen).
    4. Now press anywhere on the screen (not any icon).
    5. Repeat those steps and this time move every icon (on every screen) back into the dock. Each icon should disappear until there are no icons left. Press anywhere on the screen again to get out. Restart your tablet.

Do this if you have to. This is only to restore missing system icons (stuff you can't download in AppWorld). It is an alternative to restoring your PB from a previous save or back to factory default.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default If i move all icons to dock such as pictures and videos when i press restart will i lose all picture

If i move all icons to dock such as pictures and videos when i press restart will i lose all pictures and videos on playbook
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    65,347 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by realmadrid712 View Post
    If i move all icons to dock such as pictures and videos when i press restart will i lose all pictures and videos on playbook
    Not from what I've heard.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Newbie

Cant be risking that stuff
    CrackBerry Newbie

CrackBerry Newbie

CrackBerry Newbie

If i move all icons to dock such as pictures and videos will they delete after i restart
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by realmadrid712 View Post
    If i move all icons to dock such as pictures and videos will they delete after i restart
    No, you shouldn't lose those. Nevertheless, you should probably back up your PB by MANUALLY copying all media from your PB over to your PC. Anyhow, the "move all icons to the dock" solution is only meant for users who have removed all of their icons from the dock and then lost icons that they then tried moving back to the dock. Is that what happened to you? If it is, then try the solution outlined above.
    Thanked by:
    realmadrid712 (07-31-2013) 
    F2 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quite risky
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Folder Lost plus native app access

thanks BerryClever,
    This detailed solution worked for me after losing my DocsToGo and some downloaded apps with a folder. Although there was still access to DocsToGo via the file explorer there appears to be no other way to get this back on the desktop without the more drastic wipe. So very pleased with this - no downside noted so far!

Graham