Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts

Not windows but links to a bunch of other emulators in various stages of completion here Emulators for Blackberry PlayBook | R4D

Amiga 500
    EmuMaster

Atari 800
    Atari800

Gameboy Color/Advance
    VBA-M
    EmuMaster

Nintendo
    FCEUXpb
    EmuMaster

Playstation
    PCSX-ReARMed-PB v1.0.1.4
    EmuMaster

Super Nintendo
    SNES 9x v1.0.01
    EmuMaster

Sega Genesis
    DGEN

Turbo Graphx 16
    HuGo

ZX Spectrum
    Unreal Speccy ZX
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Guys, is there anyway I can turn my Playbook into a bicycle so I can ride it to work?

I really think RIM failed in not picking up on this facility. Oh and if it could make toast on the way there that would be even better.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daglesj View Post
    Guys, is there anyway I can turn my Playbook into a bicycle so I can ride it to work?

I really think RIM failed in not picking up on this facility. Oh and if it could make toast on the way there that would be even better.
    ROFL....
    Thanks,
    Sriman
    Meeting Minutes Pro - Become a Pro at attending, organizing, tracking, manging and distributing meetings
    Meeting Minutes - A 3 day trial version of Meeting Minutes Pro
    www.srimanapps.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by rsammon977 View Post
    Much more practical answer than "to see if we can" would be the reason I was brought to this thread...........to run windows games on something a of alot more convenient than hauling around my 17" dell laptop..........and oh no i just offended the whiners that come on here and about people wanting to "play" on their Blackberry product.......
    You can quite easily install Win95 in the DosBox app, I did it (see the thread on DosBox here, the screencaptures at the end are mine).
    I did this not at all for gaming but to install dedicated input software for specific measurement devices, that would have allowed me to get a field-reactive setup.
    FWIW I didn't come to a conclusion on this issue, because in the end I couldn't get the softwares without buying the associated hardware, and I didn't want to bet.

But for your more specific question, what I can say is:

- Win95 boots and runs on the PB, ~2mn boot time (which is normal!) and then a quite laggy behavior, and a cursor handling that's imperfect (indeed you can control it with the finger, but not properly -see Dosbox thread)

- given the visible load on the PB just from the system alone, I seriously doubt any game running on top of W95 would be reactive at all

- this still leaves room for "reflexion games" (I imagine a good chess app wouldn't require animated graphics) and for games independent from Win95 (see the DosBox thread, there are many people posting screenshots of such games that you just launch from the prompt)

- IMHO, and in view of the above, I don't believe any Windows system more recent than '95 will run in DosBox

- (and of course, the PB being by far the most seriously locked system on the market, it'd be just ridiculous to imagine replacing its OS with another one. Rooting the device is a story of the past, and even when it was available it didn't allow to replace the (signed, locked) bootloader in any way.)

If you want to try Win95, consider you'll spend an hour installing and setting up, but this is not difficult provided you have a minimum knowledge of DOS commands.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Sriman View Post
    ROFL....
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Not full windows 7

This is not a full windows 7 install but it may be what you're looking for

CrackBerry Genius

Nice try, but not even close.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Not full Windows but a windows like App.

Tutorial is here: https://sites.google.com/site/hackinberryplaybookcom/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lawta View Post
    any one tried loading microsoft window on the playbook. It will be great if this can be done so the tablet could also be used as netbook. If this can not be done at this time perhaps rim folks should consider this. It will be a huge plus and will give i pad run for the money. At this time apple does not want to do this because it will take sales away from macbook. Wake up rim and do something creative. I want to do more on the playbook than what i can do on the blackberry.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12