*Zeus/Jupiter

Posted via CB10
    Fixed that for you.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-08-14 11:14 PM
    Btw, the whole Playbook won't run BB10 was a bunch of BS. They used that claim to rationalize dumping the Playbook. Just one of many outright lies from the TH camp.

Posted via CB10 /w Z10
    Your opinion.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 06:57 AM
    I love playbook and it still as use for now.
    BB 10 on playbook is not going to happen not because technical issue but financial one.

What really bothers me with blackberry is price of their recent products being sold at premium.
    BlackBerry as to stop acting like still have as market and stop pulling an apple.

Make product accessible at reasonable price and you will be consider seriously.

Z10 is sold for about 650$ no term at most carriers this is suicide.
    05-09-14 08:16 AM
    I never liked that HUB . Get rid of the White anomaly and give to us clean on our Playbooks.
    05-09-14 08:57 AM
    Thanks for the positive feedback about sticking to the positive. I've read Crackberry for a long time now and this is one of the most supportive and loyal communities out there.

I don't know a great deal about the technicals regarding the Playbook, but given all of the arguments that I've heard, my understanding is that BB10 should be capable of running on the Playbook. I understand that the stock version may not run "well" on the Playbook, but this is just a matter of semantics. I've run Operating Systems on lackluster computers before and while the experience hasn't been great, more times than not it has been usable. If Blackberry Hub were made into its own separate app and the number of apps that could run at a single moment were restricted, then maybe even that alone would allow the Playbook to perform at a fairly consistent level. If its possible, then the only reason it hasn't been done has to be because of financials or politics over at Blackberry.

The facts that Blackberry is one of the few companies out there that has historically supported its devices for incredibly long periods of time. For instance, just take a look at the Blackberry 9900 series which people still actively talk about here. This phone can honestly be considered a historical artifact when compared to the rest of the modern smartphone industry and yet it is still usable and functional. The Blackberry Playbook is a unique device because the same company the produced the hardware, created the software. It's never really lived up to its potential because of lackluster software which is inevitably the fault of Blackberry. It's as if they released a "beta" product into the market. It'd be understand that Playbook owners would feel duped, especially considering that many of us paid a premium price for the product prior to its market price dropping down to barren levels.

Blackberry definitely has lower the prices on its handsets. The premium price tag might fly with very very loyal Blackberry customers (such as ourselves) but it will never convince an average consumer to pay so much for a device that simply doesn't have the app store necessary to make it an attractive option. That being said even the lower cost BB10 phones, such as the Q5 or Z10 simply can't compete against a comparable Samsung phone or subsidized iPhone. Blackberry needs to figure out the market it wants to target and what they want to do best because they can't compete in the mass appeal sphere.
    Tony Can likes this.
    05-09-14 01:34 PM
    Despite all the flaming and hating, I think the original post was very good, even if it might never be read by the target audience.

Personally, given that the device is no longer supported and that most of the private and corporate users will have moved on to iOS and Android a long time ago, my view is that BlackBerry should at least allow users and hackers to try to load whatever OS they wish on to it. That doesn't imply that they should open up QNX. I just don't see any reason now for BB to keep the device locked down.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-20-14 10:36 AM
    The PlayBook is slow, it's just a big ipod,only good to listen music. But who wants a big ipod...

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 03:29 PM
    I've read through the forums to writing this and I'm well aware that Blackberry has ended support for the Playbook. I just wanted to put this out there because it's been on my mind and I still really like my Playbook. I prefer it over my android tablets and even my iPad. You make valid points, but hopefully even just the interest might push Blackberry into looking into making another tablet. Honestly, I'd be hesitant to buy another Blackberry tablet, but if it ran BB10, I would consider it. Fair enough though. It's likely time to let this go.
    You said it exactly how BlackBerry may look at it. To quote :

"Honestly, I'd be hesitant to buy another Blackberry tablet, but if it ran BB10, I would consider it."

You don't really want to go down that route if customers feel exactly how you stated.

They don't really have the option to spend time and money on the thought people would consider it, but ultimately be rather hesitant to purchase.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    06-23-14 04:05 PM
    If they offered a trade-in program for our old PlayBook to discount the new one. Maybe that would be respectable. Anyway its not profitable for them so it's doubtful that we'll see PB again anytime soon

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-23-14 04:42 PM
    The Blackberry Passport is the new "Playbook" but with celular services.
    Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    07-21-14 01:30 AM
    I have an Android, Windows 8.1, IOS, and several playbooks and I use all of them extensively. My favourite is the LTE Playbook - Sadly only 32GB, but I use it only for work, I use the 64GB's for Multimedia.

Not sure if I would want BB10 on my PB, the device was conceived great from day 1, can't say the same for the marketing of it, and it is still very usable.

Some say the device is dead, but for what I use it, I can multitask and get through a lot done. I'll run it to the ground, and hopefully by then, we'll have a replacement.

I would be nice to have the android player upgraded and I think that would not be too difficult from either an engineering or financial point of view. But like it's been said before, the Playbook is dead right, apparently so was Blackberry.....but.....Why haven't I been able to find a replacement device? (I mean, I've used all the other ones, and none seem to wow me) I should be rushing to Apple or Samsung right?

Anyone else feel the same?

02-21-15 03:21 PM
    I am with you....

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    02-22-15 11:10 AM
    I also must I have a play book too and there is nothing I can do with it now. It has no use! Instead of releasing the source code of QNX I would like to request blackberry to unlock the bootloader of playbook. So that we can load any o/s that we like and special creative people can come up with thier own o/s's. Now that the blackberry has forgotten the users of playbook! They should have some gratitude towards their old customers and allow them to load any o/s.
    02-22-15 01:35 PM
    This idea has been addressed many time previously. The reason we could never expect this is that it poses security risks. Once the bootloader is unlocked the user would, potentially, have access to every detail of the systems operation and security mechanisms. They would be giving away everything that makes them Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:54 AM
    I bought at least 3-4 Playbook at full price and lowered prices. It almost hurts me. But I understood that building on that BlackBerry offer us Passport. With which I am happy and glad that we supported and helped BlackBerry survive. Consider that as a donation. Very impressed with Passport and ready to pay for 2nd generation of Passport already.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:16 AM
    Why haven't I been able to find a replacement device? (I mean, I've used all the other ones, and none seem to wow me) I should be rushing to Apple or Samsung right?

Anyone else feel the same?
    Yep. Same here. Have two 16gb models and keep using them daily. Still a nice inexpensive tablet and I love the OS. I wish we could get a small OS update and a browser update, but Blackberry seems to have abandoned the unit. A real shame. I'll keep using until the internet hook becomes impossible...
    02-23-15 01:13 PM
    It's completely dead. I have two 64gb for the kids full of movies and music. Hdmi out is a mega bonus. I have NOO need to upgrade at all!

I recommend you try the 32gb lte version, runs very fast. Although I've been lucky enough to find very inexpensive android tabs that run just as fast.

What I really like is the OS and keyboard. I'm glad i'm not alone, was starting to feel like I was the only person still using their PB!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 03:04 PM
42 12