Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Learning to code for BB PB v2.1 and/or BB10

Every time I see a post about Jam Americas and other developer-focused posts on the front page, I get the developer itch.

I was wondering if there is a site with very simple, thorough development examples that could help me ease into developing for either (both?) the 2.1 OS and BB10 OS.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

I am not a developer but have done a bit of reading around.. And The BB Developer site is a good place to start I would think..
    https://developer.blackberry.com/

Choose whatever platform you want.. And it has all the downloads listed there.. And then move on to the code samples.. And RIM has a GitHub repo with ported open source projects and code samples for Cascades and the platforms..
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Just PM

The best developer language to start with is HTML/HTML5 . It is for mobile developement pretty simple to understand, and you can test your app using the webbrowser (on your playbook/pc)

For simple apps, like a NewsReader / Article-based app its good to use. For more sophisticated apps you'd better use the NDK

Jeroen
    ❤ button

✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
    ☢ bbUI.js ☢ expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! ☣ Blackberry Playbook 64GB ☣
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhostRos View Post
    I am not a developer but have done a bit of reading around.. And The BB Developer site is a good place to start I would think..
    https://developer.blackberry.com/
    I have been using the BlackBerry Developer documentation website to learn the basics of BlackBerry PlayBook application development. I cannot say the content or organization of website is very good; I have read better product manuals from China. I dare say it was slapped together by yet another co-op student or intern. Research In Motion should hire a professional writer with programming experience. I have been keeping my own step-by-step notes for future reference.
    CrackBerry Genius

Easiest way is to gran some samples and start hacking at them. That's what I've been doing. The webinars are also good, although I haven't had time to listen to them...