Can someone from CrackBerry cajole BlackBerry to push out a small fix to the PlayBook's Keyboard? That would be much appreciated.
    08-17-13 11:25 PM
    What seems to be the issue? I can say that I've had a problem with mine unless I let the memory go too low. But a restart puts it back to normal functionality.
    08-18-13 08:19 AM
    I used to hate my PB keyboard too but once I went into the settings (gear icon) > Keyboard and adjusted the slider for Keyboard Feedback down to a little less than half way, I found my sweet as butter point. Now the only lag I get is on fresh reboot and that's because the tablet is chugging through all the crap it has to load in the 3 minutes it takes to boot.
    rupam95 likes this.
    08-26-13 05:59 PM
    I used to hate my PB keyboard too but once I went into the settings (gear icon) > Keyboard and adjusted the slider for Keyboard Feedback down to a little less than half way, I found my sweet as butter point. Now the only lag I get is on fresh reboot and that's because the tablet is chugging through all the crap it has to load in the 3 minutes it takes to boot.
    How may times did you have to do this to find your sweet spot? So far all my attempts have been sour. This has to be the worst keyboard ever. At least BB is first in that.
    08-28-13 11:55 AM
    No lag here. In fact, it's one of the best touch screen keyboards I've experienced; not sure about the lag issues everyone's reporting.
    08-28-13 12:17 PM
    No lag here. In fact, it's one of the best touch screen keyboards I've experienced; not sure about the lag issues everyone's reporting.
    So when U type on the KB you don't sometimes get a lag that maybe 1 -2 seconds long before the key you press shows up? Its a real problem as if you type very fast you think you missed a stroke or two and then all chaos breaks loose. Really poor execution. Its a basic 2.1 OS problem . I don't recall it being there before 2.1. I only have 3 apps on my system other then the 2.1 latest OS so its not a processor throughput consumption issue. Its just poor performance of the software. But then that's where BB fails is their software group is no where close to their hardware group in capability.
    08-28-13 01:28 PM
    No lag here.

Posted from my ??????
    08-28-13 01:35 PM
    No virtual keyboard lag on my BlackBerry Z10.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    08-28-13 07:40 PM
    So when U type on the KB you don't sometimes get a lag that maybe 1 -2 seconds long before the key you press shows up?.
    I sometimes get this lag, but it generally happens when I haven't let an app load entirely. So, if I type into the search box of app world before app world fully loads, or into a web page before the page has fully loaded, then I might see some lag. Otherwise, it's generally not a problem
    08-28-13 08:20 PM
    Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 using the Mobile Nations App
    chaosdivine likes this.
    08-30-13 12:59 AM
    Can someone from CrackBerry cajole BlackBerry to push out a small fix to the PlayBook's Keyboard? That would be much appreciated.
    I have never experienced any lag on my 2 PlayBooks.
    08-30-13 02:30 AM
    I have never experienced any lag on my 2 PlayBooks.
    Guess that solves it.
    09-01-13 09:07 AM
    What does that slider do, anyways? I turned it down and turned off key pop-up and it's a lot smoother than before.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    09-02-13 04:48 AM
    For the keyboard (which is a human interface) to have issues with its processing speed is just poor software design. Humans are, compared to micro electronic speeds, unbelievably slow. There should be NO reason the device cannot keep up with Human speeds. This is just another example of poor software design. And there should not be a setting that allows that state.
    09-02-13 09:39 AM
    Probably some issue with the keyboard remembering and recalling custom words. It also remembers all the words in the last line you typed so you can easily go back and change something. But yeah, the lagging is ridiculous because you could end up with a sentence of total gibberish because the space bar was hit at the wrong time and the wrong words were used for auto-complete. The layout is also terrible because so many common punctuation marks are left on another page instead of being on the same page as letters.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-02-13 09:56 AM
    Guess that solves it.
    Obviously not, but is does indicate that the problem is not affecting all PlayBooks.

I think that the reply from Blueberrymerry is most informative and maybe there is a way to clear the stored words to see if this clears the lag.
    09-02-13 02:12 PM
    Obviously not, but is does indicate that the problem is not affecting all PlayBooks.

I think that the reply from Blueberrymerry is most informative and maybe there is a way to clear the stored words to see if this clears the lag.
    The lag problem is very sporadic. It may happen during a session and may not. I highly doubt its related to a buffering issue as this is very small task relative to what a processor can do between keystrokes. It looks and feels more like the processor is hung up doing some other task and does not have time to get back to this task within the time frame that humans would notice. This is just poor software design. These kinds of tasks (keystrokes and their display (feedback)) should take higher priority. This processor has plenty of speed to do millions of instructions between keystrokes. There is simply no reason for this to be happening. I'm not sure why some do not see this and others do. Obviously that infers that some time hog task is running on the lagging system. Other than the base latest 2.1 OS I only have 3 other programs loaded and I have removed these to see if that might be the issue.It was not.
    The real issue is that no matter what is being ran, no process should be allowed to hog the processors time to cause keystroke tasks to be delayed. This is just simply poor software design. Period.
    I liken this to a car engine. Imagine what it would be like if the design of the software for the firing of the cylinders on that engine could be delayed because the processor is out updating the speedometer or some other less important task. You wouldn't sell many of those engines. You don't see that happening. The reason is those software developers know that would be fatal to their product so they design their software for that not to be able to happen.
    It can be done with a very simple cyclic interrupt process that makes sure the time dependent task is always ran when necessary. This keyboard should have been designed in the same manner. It wasn't. And that is just plain bad software design.
    09-03-13 07:21 AM
    Attachment 198812
    How may times did you have to do this to find your sweet spot? So far all my attempts have been sour. This has to be the worst keyboard ever. At least BB is first in that.
    Not many. Mine's perfect now. I'll post a screenshot if it helps...I don't know if it will in your case, but it does mine.
    09-05-13 04:24 PM
    What does that slider do, anyways? I turned it down and turned off key pop-up and it's a lot smoother than before.

In my case, it fixed the stuttering problem others are talking about. I used to want to smash my PlayBook but not now...I mean there is the occasional (just on booting) hiccup when the PlayBook has to chug through the bloat to load (why it takes 3 minutes to boot) but in normal typing, I never have a problem.
    09-05-13 04:32 PM
    In my case, it fixed the stuttering problem others are talking about. I used to want to smash my PlayBook but not now...I mean there is the occasional (just on booting) hiccup when the PlayBook has to chug through the bloat to load (why it takes 3 minutes to boot) but in normal typing, I never have a problem.
    Right, I'm just wondering what "feedback" means in this context. Force feedback? Audio feedback? It's just a slider, and I have no idea what it's meant to do.

09-05-13 05:01 PM
    Right, I'm just wondering what "feedback" means in this context. Force feedback? Audio feedback? It's just a slider, and I have no idea what it's meant to do.

You have a point. I interpreted it as touch response...as dialing it down improved my tactile input. If there's another meaning, only BBRY knows...

Maybe I'm on crack. Sliding it up and down just adjusts volume of the clicking noise...but adjusting it did fix my keyboard. Maybe it's all in my head? Nope, after screwing with my original setting, it started to stutter again...I am adjusting it to where I had it and I'll try again. I matched it to my original setting, just a little below center and it's not stuttering again. I swear, it did. Had I videotaped it, you'd have seen the stuttering when typing in Google search queries. I had to slightly nudge it and now it's butter smooth again as it was before.

I dunno...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    09-05-13 05:05 PM
    Notice when you tap on different spot of the slider line, there is a difference in sound. Tapping on bottom left area makes a lower noise than when tapping on the high right area.

Anyway, I installed the leak PB OS yesterday and everything is running smoothly, even the keyword.
    09-06-13 11:33 PM