I recently sold my Asus Transformer Prime(that's right, the Tegra 3 tablet) because it was laggy and very unstable. The browser will either crash or become stuck (in which I have to wait 10 secs) while loading very flash heavy website. ICS 4.xx(and I've updated to the newest firmware as well) was just not cutting it for me.

After playing around with that tablet, I found that it fails to run 1080p flash video in browser smoothly, and it is terrible at running the flash videos on gametrailers.com. Even using aim in browser was a pain.

So I picked up a playbook for $150(32gb version) on cowboom and just loaded it up today. Is it me or is this tablet ZIPPY!? It ran all the things I've listed above WITH 0 PROBLEMS. The multi-tasking feature on this tablet is uncanny with no lags as well! I've owned the HP Touchpad before and even at 1.7ghz overclocked, it was NO WHERE near the performance of this little tablet. So what if there are little apps compared to apple and andriod? I want laptop like performance with the most important app for all tablets, the browser!

It's so sad that this tablet is now forgotten or considered as the blackberry failbook. It's so freaken awesome!

Only complaint, the adobe reader is a POS. Just like the hp touchpad, the adobe reader runs at a lower resolution (is there a fix? the hp touchpad can be fixed by going into the file systems) so the text are blurry under all orientations and zoom levels.
    04-30-12 08:43 PM
    So glad to see this threat! The browser experience on the PB is awesome! Flash support add so much power to the PB browser that I hardly use my laptop any more. Welcome to our awesome community and feel free to share more PB experiences with us.
    04-30-12 09:02 PM
    I also have a friend who has a prime but stopped using it because he got a playbook for christmas. PB is on the up and up.
    04-30-12 09:25 PM
    do you connect it via wifi or bridge?? congratz on the pb, i love my 16g, with my torch, i can connect anywhere, where i live is in the.dark ages.still, nothin but dial up here

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-30-12 09:42 PM
    wowsa... and they say the prime is one of the top tablets they say you can get these days.

Sounds great to me
    04-30-12 09:43 PM
    try qPDF...it's an android app that's been ported over to the PlayBook and works reasonably well. Glad to see another new user to these forums!
    04-30-12 09:49 PM
    Yup,the PlayBook is badass lol.
    robluck82 likes this.
    05-01-12 12:59 AM
    There's a link in my sig that compares the Playbook to the original TF. I can't speak for the TF Prime but the common word I keep reading is that it has more issues than the TF101. Just as the Playbook had too many issues at launch to justify the high price it asked, the same goes for the Prime.

Right now, as of this date, if the Playbook had just appeared on the market for the very first time, in it's current condition, I would probably be willing to put $400 down for it. If the CPU was a little more current then maybe more. I can't say I'd be willing to shell out any more than $400 for the 10-inch android tablets out right now, but I'm willing to admit part of my reason has to do with me liking the game selection on the PB more right now.
    05-01-12 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD