i received a blackberry playbook for christmas and I'm eager to try it out but I can't seem to get passed the initial OS update? it loads about 5% then fails even when I put the play book right beside the router. Is there anyway I can just install it using my computer? cause this does not seem like it's going to work.
    12-25-11 01:25 PM
    Again, the Debrick method is the key, just turn it off, run DM and then plug it in while it's still off DM will show an error message just click update and you're done.
    01-03-12 04:23 PM
    i received a blackberry playbook for christmas and I'm eager to try it out but I can't seem to get passed the initial OS update? it loads about 5% then fails even when I put the play book right beside the router. Is there anyway I can just install it using my computer? cause this does not seem like it's going to work.

It happens when you are using Wifi N mode connection - try to change router Wifi settings for only B/G or G mode.

If not, turn the Playbook off, connect to computer and update throught Blackberry Desktop Software. Download it and install first if you didn't already.

Regards,
    S.
    01-03-12 04:46 PM
    Again, the Debrick method is the key, just turn it off, run DM and then plug it in while it's still off DM will show an error message just click update and you're done.
    I'm new so I have a question : DM stand for what ?

I don't need it right now, but it will be usefull if I brick my PB when I will root it tonight or tomorrow night .

Regards
    01-03-12 06:11 PM
    DM is Desktop Manager - the software that allows you to backup your playbook (pb) and also Blackberry phones. You can also use it to sync and/or move data to the devices.
    01-03-12 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD