Wuddup BlackBerry World! I don't post much on these forums,except when I'm looking for the BlackBerry Nation to give a helping hand. Now I KNOWWW about BB10 NOT coming to the PlayBook and all, BUT! I'm SO BlackBerry it's not even funny! When I Rep or own of claim something.. I'm TRUE and Loyal ti whatever that thing may be. And BlackBerry is definitely one of them! I would just like to know if I should go through with the purchase and why you think I should or shouldn't. Thank you for your help,its definitely much appreciated! #TeamBlackBerry #BB10Swag #BlackBerryGang

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:43 PM
    ..And by 'STRONG' I obviously mean 'STRONGLY'! My mistake.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:47 PM
    Sorry man. I can't recommend the PlayBook to anyone. I bought it and loved it. But after using my Z10 with BlackBerry 10, I can't go back to my PlayBook. I will probably make a move to an android tablet tbh.

Posted via CB10
    rnhld and BBM_BlackBerry Moe like this.
    09-19-13 03:13 AM
    I think it's a great tablet and well worth the GBP 106 I paid. But not sure I would buy one now unless you can live with no future support, no future applications, support for existing apps fading. I think I would spend a bit more and buy a tablet which is going to be supported.
    BBM_BlackBerry Moe likes this.
    09-19-13 09:25 AM
    I love my 3 playbooks and serve my purpose and are a great buy
    09-19-13 10:09 AM
    I love my 3 playbooks and serve my purpose and are a great buy
    y do u need 3 playbook?
    09-19-13 10:10 AM
    Can't recommend the PlayBook to a new purchaser. Sure it's got great hardware, and it bridges great with BB OS 5-7 phones. I actually love my PB and use it every day. But I wouldn't buy it again. There are no apps (hi Netflix, Skype video chat) to take advantage of the great hardware. And BB10's bridge app is brain-damaged so all you can do is share the phone's internet connection.
    mmarco and BBM_BlackBerry Moe like this.
    09-19-13 11:40 AM
    depends on what you want it for
    if you want a flexibe device that can carry and stream most of your media and files with a decent browser I would say go for it, but I cant say I recomend it to future customers since websites keep advansing the usefulness of that browser is droping in the end yould end up with a portable media player and not much. it still gots its perks though like I said its pretty flexible. Multitasking is still the best, simple swipes and you're were you want to be.
    09-19-13 12:47 PM
    They're about $140 shipped on Amazon right now (USA) and I was thinking about getting a 2nd just so my kids could have their own for web-browsing and some of the games they like that are available. Some of the 3rd party browsers are really nice too.
    It's older and pretty much unsupported going forward but for the minimal cost it's not a bad deal if you are mostly looking for a web-surfing tablet on the cheap.
    09-19-13 12:59 PM
    PB is a daily workhorse for my job for 2 years now. Paired with a 9900. If the Bold ever dies, goodbye PB usefulness.

I would never buy a PB now though knowing its shelved. At the time I bought the PB for its specific criteria.
    1) Whatever tablet worked best with my BB phone
    2) take reasonable pics
    3) teathered light internet cloud/browser stuff
    4) smaller than a IPad bigger than a Phone
    5) INDUSTRIAL DURABLE
    09-19-13 01:03 PM
    5) INDUSTRIAL DURABLE
    Apart from the USB and HDMI sockets, the charging circuit including battery strap, cameras (4003) and ever sinking power button, it's durable.
    Chad Thandy likes this.
    09-19-13 01:18 PM
    Thanks A LOT guys! I appreciate the feedback! ..Are you able to stream shows abd/or movies on the PB!?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 01:46 PM
    ..Besides although the bridge feature is no longer there for the BB10 I also have a 9900 I no longer use so bridging those two devices would be pretty neat!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 01:54 PM
    Sorry man. I can't recommend the PlayBook to anyone. I bought it and loved it. But after using my Z10 with BlackBerry 10, I can't go back to my PlayBook. I will probably make a move to an android tablet tbh.
    See, I'm the opposite to this. I already had 2 Android tablets before getting a PlayBook (bought my first PlayBook about a year ago, my second, earlier this year). I also have the odd other Android device, too. I got my Z10 about 4 months back, and whilst I'm happy with BB10 on my Z10, and it's very quick and snappy at things like email and internet - more so than my PlayBooks - I'd much rather use the PlayBook OS.

Sure, they don't quite perform as snappily / quickly as my Z10, but I find the OS and the interface better. I was never partcularly bothered about BB10 coming to the PlayBook, some performance updates would be good for the current OS, and perhaps some possibilities in terms of better / more compatible Android runtime, and things like proper Kindle app, and maybe Skype, and I'd be completely happy with the PlayBook.
    FF22 and Banco like this.
    09-20-13 09:16 AM
    Thanks a lot for the feedback man! I just checked updates and read that they just updated the bridge so I'm guessing that's good news for PB owners! I'll be getting my PB ASAP! Haha.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 11:14 AM
    It's a great tablet. Go for the 64GB.
    09-21-13 09:17 PM
    Thanks man. Definitely going to get me one! . How much does the 64GB PB sell for!?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:51 PM
    Great tablet, I have a 32 g, works like a charm....you'll certainly get a better price than I did...full retail. However, I find that since I got my Z (as the member mentioned above), I don't use it as much, and I assume once I get my hands on a Z30, my PB and Ipad will make great paper weights.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    09-22-13 10:21 PM
    The PlayBook was a great buy a few months ago and it's still a fantastic tablet BUT there's not future for the PlayBook so don't waste your money on it, and I'm a happy PlayBook user!

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    09-23-13 01:40 PM
    Thanks A LOT guys! I appreciate the feedback! ..Are you able to stream shows abd/or movies on the PB!?

Posted via CB10

That's one of its best features ... great support for Flash. But as others have said the $50 million dollar man decided not to support PB any more so a day will soon come when the Flash Player is too old to stream.
    09-23-13 02:26 PM
    The PlayBook was a great buy a few months ago and it's still a fantastic tablet BUT there's not future for the PlayBook so don't waste your money on it, and I'm a happy PlayBook user!
    I'll never get, for the life of me, why people bang on about a device having a "future" when it's at the budget end of the spectrum.

Most people paying budget money for a device like this, aren't considering either the device, or the vendor's future - they just want bang-for-buck. And so long as it does that, and they're aware of it's pros and cons, that can make perfect sense.
    BBM_BlackBerry Moe likes this.
    09-23-13 03:21 PM
    I think that if I was shopping today for a good budget 7" tablet I'd probably go for a Nexus 7 (2012 or 2013) or an ASUS Fonepad.

The Playbook may be a nicely built budget tablet that handles Flash but the truth is that there are not too many apps out there, and probably very few new ones coming. So, if all you need if a functional browser and a mail client, the PlayBook will please you but don't expect to find native Skype, eBay, Amazon, Google Drive/Maps... applications.

One more comment: I find the GPS sensitivity so low as to render it almost useless. This is too bad for a 7" tablet which could otherwise be used as a competent Satnav or outdoor GPS.
    jc likes this.
    09-25-13 09:02 AM
    I think that if I was shopping today for a good budget 7" tablet I'd probably go for a Nexus 7 (2012 or 2013) or an ASUS Fonepad.

The Playbook may be a nicely built budget tablet that handles Flash but the truth is that there are not too many apps out there, and probably very few new ones coming. So, if all you need if a functional browser and a mail client, the PlayBook will please you but don't expect to find native Skype, eBay, Amazon, Google Drive/Maps... applications.

One more comment: I find the GPS sensitivity so low as to render it almost useless. This is too bad for a 7" tablet which could otherwise be used as a competent Satnav or outdoor GPS.
    Truth be told, I'm not that sold on native apps for many of those things - I always find myself looking for feature or functionality available on the pukka web page. Little bit different on a smartphone sized screen - there are times when mobile sites, or apps are a perference, then - but then the usage tends to be different.

As to GPS, well I'd agree, it doesn't seem the most responsive. But in over a year, I've never had call to actually want to use the GPS in my PlayBooks. On a smartphone it's a different thing, I use GPS quite a lot - but even then, really, my Z10 isn't actually quite as good at it as my Nokia N8.

Even now, given what else is available for sub �100 (UK pounds) in the UK, I wouldn't pick anything else, although they are getting harder to find. When it comes time for me to move on, and get a different tablet, I'll evaluate what's available then. I already have Android tablets (admittedly aging models, or around the same era as the PlayBook heralded from) so I have some comparison.
    09-25-13 09:46 AM
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your input in helping me out!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 05:18 PM
    ii still use mine for watching videos on the go, large memory is good for tv shows etc.

but for anything else its crap. I tried using the browser tonight and couldn't believe how slow it was. its horrible.

so, I wouldn't recomment this tablet to anyone. even the budget current tablets are much better.
    byteninja2 likes this.
    09-30-13 03:06 PM
65 123