Of course, I should probably (and probably will) post this in the BlackBerry 10 forums on their website.

My biggest frustration is not being able to run newer Android apps on the PlayBook. I have all the glory of a non-Android device, the ability to shut off WiFi and sip power to tether over Bluetooth, and of yet still run Android Apps.

- PlayBook OS 3.0 would be a UI refresh to make it look like closer to BB10.
    - Include Jellybean runtime
    - Ports of latest FaceBook/LinkedIn, etc apps included
    - Easy for developers to click a button to port their BB10 app to PBOS to keep an active app catalogue.

Thus, if not BB10 for performance reasons, then at least it's another 2-4 years of life support or more to keep us all happy!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 03:31 PM
    I think it's wishful thinking....I think we'd all be happy with this -its just doesn't look like its going to happen...:-(
    07-24-13 03:44 PM
    I don't think we'll ever see anything like 3.0, but anything is possible when it comes to fixing/updating existing things.

I wouldn't keep my hopes up though. It will probably get one maintenance release to fix bugs and that's that...
    07-24-13 03:44 PM
    This would be wonderful. You know I wouldn't even care if they said they'll work on it in a year when BB10 is a little more complete. Just the fact that they seem to have kept us waiting and now are saying, "never mind, no updates" pisses me off.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:32 PM
    The Playbook is dead. They've already confirmed that there will be no more significant updates to the tablet. I suggest you either purchase a new tablet, or just make it work with what you have. I wanted the updates you suggested also, but its looking like it won't happen.
    07-29-13 06:37 PM
    Yup, and we weren't even kissed first!!!

The Playbook is dead. They've already confirmed that there will be no more significant updates to the tablet. I suggest you either purchase a new tablet, or just make it work with what you have. I wanted the updates you suggested also, but its looking like it won't happen.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-13 06:56 PM
    @meltbox360: I feel ya there. That is what gets me the most. I don't like being "led on" so to speak.

@tufcustomer: Understood. I'm enjoying it's usability as it stands, and in fact am probably going to go buy a BT keyboard for it soon as I invested $500 in this tablet and don't want to sell it for $100. What irks me is, again, being led on with false expectations of what is to come. BlackBerry may have changed its name, but it isn't a startup and cannot deliver false promises.

Customers buy with their wallets and what BlackBerry needs is people to do just that. They need to spend a million bucks on their PlayBook OS update to make 3 million in more sales from loyal customers going out and having all their friends buy a blackberry

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:49 AM
    blackberry name change, but it is managed by the same liars and speculators that when you call RIM.
    07-30-13 05:22 PM
    I just wish someone would quantify exactly what "significant update " means!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 05:26 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't have the money or the resources to work on the Playbook. Likely they will come out with something a year or two down the road if they are still in business.
    hilga007 likes this.
    07-30-13 07:15 PM
    Thing is.... investing some money in a "hobby device" (similar situation to the Apple TV) builds intrigue.

It shows the loyal customers and the evangelists that no matter what, people will stick by the platform. The other option is just allowing people to dev it themselves for the PB.

"No resources" my bum. Their overall global share is higher than in the US. They can do it.

If I had an update to the PlayBook, I could show it and the Z10 to my friends and get them to buy the phone... and show them this cool, rare tablet that runs the same software but isn't made anymore!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:25 PM