- CrackBerry User
- 16 Posts
[HOWTO] Muliple Gmail Calendars after January 2013
I have tried this on a new gmail account on my PB and it worked for me so I hope it works for someone out there..
As there have been a few posts about the issue of support for multiple Gmail calendars I thought I should try provide an update for a working hack. The first thing to say is that google is going to end support for their activesync implementation so this will stop working at some point. CalDAV and CardDAV are supported so you can switch to them.
For those that prefer this method here is a quick update of my previous post that I hope ensures ongoing multiple calendar goodness. This is based on the fact that Microsoft and Google have done a deal so that Windows Phone users can still create new registrations until the end of July 2013. There is no WP7 support for CalDAV/CardDAV at the moment and so google have granted 6 months grace.
The techy bits - very similar to the page on the help section..
Install a browser somewhere that supports user agent switching - Chrome and Firefox both do.
Open Firefox or the Chrome Web Store and go to Tools> Add Ons, do a search for User Agent Switcher and install it.
Restart Firefox/ Chrome
Go to Google and log in to your account on the PC/Mac/Linux box
Go to tools and use the User Agent Switcher to select Windows Phone 7
then jump to https://m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/welcome
You should see the Playbook listed provided you have already added your google account as an activesync account on your Playbook. Select this device.
You will see a screen that say something like “Send Mail As”, but with NO calendar options.
Look at the address bar in your browser. There will be a long session address ending with “multiple calendars=false”. Change the word "false" to "true", and then refresh the page.
The page should now have a list of calendars, select those you want to sync and hit the save button. It says you can only use one calendar but that is not the case
You should see a message saying the device settings have changed.
Reset your browser settings again once you close that tab.
Hope that is clear but some one else needs to try it, to confirm.
For information: this will only work with your calendars and others shared calendars. Public calendars can not be added this way, and the CalDAV method should work that is posted in this forum
- 02-08-13, 12:01 PM #2Forum Rules: Community Rules & Guidelines Quick Help: BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | OS Arquive: BB10 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 (10.2.1+) |Sideloading : BB10 10.2.0-/PlayBook |Google Play Store: BB10 |Update/Reload Software: BBOS - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BBOS - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BBOS | Battery Saving : BBOS - PlayBook - BB10 | Dead Battery: Stack Charging | BB AppWorld: Refunds
My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-08-13, 08:18 PM #3
- 412 Posts
Followed the instructions above... it didn't work right away, but eventually I checked my calendar a few hours later and all my 3 calendars were there. Sorted!
EDIT: hmmm... I might have spoken too soon... battery drain all of a sudden is significantly higher and had issues this afternoon with a shutdown due to dead battery (phone had been unusually hot - 1st time since launch)... will monitor and report back...
Last edited by primusd; 02-08-13 at 10:09 PM.
- By nmadd in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 18Last Post: 10-16-12, 03:35 AM
- By vietalogy in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 21Last Post: 01-28-09, 03:23 PM
- By ClassaN0va in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-28-08, 05:29 PM
- By NHansen in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 04-25-08, 11:44 AM
- By redhead in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-09-08, 12:15 PM