hi guys.. i just bought my 2nd playbook which is running old OS 1.7 i know this tablet running old OS since i see the bootscreen is different from current bootscreen OS 2.1
    the question is, how to skip the software update after i completed the initial setup?
    Is it using Cfb to flash? or skip the update?

Thanks..

how to skip update on initial setup-url.jpg
    Last edited by ultra5219; 12-24-12 at 07:01 AM.
    12-24-12 06:07 AM
    Maybe if you don't connect to your wireless, it won't ask to update.
    12-25-12 01:01 PM
    You need to look in the rooting section and you may be too late already.
    12-25-12 01:04 PM
    You need to look in the rooting section and you may be too late already.
    sure...let me try seek on rooting section..
    12-26-12 07:15 PM
    Maybe if you don't connect to your wireless, it won't ask to update.
    how? the first setup already ask me to connect wifi.. LOL
    12-26-12 07:16 PM
    how? the first setup already ask me to connect wifi.. LOL
    I thought the setup had a Skip option for connecting to wifi. or am I mistaken?
    12-27-12 08:11 AM
    I thought the setup had a Skip option for connecting to wifi. or am I mistaken?
    nah..nope.. first Boot playbook, u need to connect WIFI..then enter your blackberry ID..then accept the EULA.. then checking software update.. i cant skip this procedure..
    12-27-12 06:20 PM
    nah..nope.. first Boot playbook, u need to connect WIFI..then enter your blackberry ID..then accept the EULA.. then checking software update.. i cant skip this procedure..
    Why would you want to skip the BlackBerry Tablet OS software update during the set-up process? If you are trying to study the specific version of operating system for a project simply use a simulator instead and load the appropriate version.
    12-27-12 08:12 PM
    Why would you want to skip the BlackBerry Tablet OS software update during the set-up process? If you are trying to study the specific version of operating system for a project simply use a simulator instead and load the appropriate version.
    This is my 2nd playbook for rooting and installing android market... My main playbook running latest version already..2.1
    12-28-12 01:30 PM
    This is my 2nd playbook for rooting and installing android market... My main playbook running latest version already..2.1
    If you are rooting the BlackBerry PlayBook why even bother with the initial set-up? There is/was a tool suite to root this tablet and BlackBerry Tablet OS 1.x allowed rooting as I recall from messages on this forum from approximately one year ago.
    12-28-12 02:21 PM
    If you are rooting the BlackBerry PlayBook why even bother with the initial set-up? There is/was a tool suite to root this tablet and BlackBerry Tablet OS 1.x allowed rooting as I recall from messages on this forum from approximately one year ago.
    I dont know.. This playbook its never boot up bfore..when i first boot up, the inital setup appear.. Should i complete the setup or use cfp tool to root this tablet directly without wipe anything??
    12-29-12 09:49 AM
    You need to use the resetqnxosregion trick to bypass the update. It's all over the forums.
    01-08-13 12:22 AM
    You need to use the resetqnxosregion trick to bypass the update. It's all over the forums.
    Is it possible to bypass activation using this trick? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    01-08-13 05:25 AM
    Only every other device I've ever owned I've rooted or modified the "Old Timers", or "Pro's" such as yourself create a "Walk-thru" detailing the process that is "Pinned" to the top of the forum. Walk-thru process is amended with community input, outdated info is stripped out- the "Walk-thru" is written in a manner to assure nothing is left to chance.

Here the info is scattered amongst multiple threads- and NEWBIES don't know who is a "Pro" (such as yourself) and who is talking BS, giving incorrect, outdated or INCOMPLETE (Cryptic) info. Big problem with all off this is unlike other devices, if anything goes wrong- there is no second chance.

Pro's to a Pinned Walk-thru:
    Persons using the info can be assured of the process completing properly.
    Info and procedures, the "latest" tricks and tips are all in (1) place.
    Info is reviewed by senior board members. "Newbies" can be assured procedures are correct.
    Reduces the number of how do I do xyz threads created, SAME questions being asked OVER and OVER again. "Old timers" can focus on more in-depth issues.

Observation: More people "rooted" increases the interest in the platform, and as I pointed out in a prior post increases the number of potential Xsachas out there.
    Android boards have maybe 10,000 persons at the Xsacha level - Here we have (1). Statistically speaking those are NOT good odds.

PS: Regarding the blowout pricing on the 1st Generation PlayBook 4th quarter in the USA, the sudden and most likely numerically the greatest amount of persons new to the PlayBook platform to occur. Low blowout pricing makes unit attractive to "Hacker" types. EG Lower pricing=More people that might be interested in rooting= More people rooted= Increased interest, more potential Xsachas.

If there was ever a time for a Walk-thru and you guys wanted to increase the numbers of rooted PlayBooks - time has come and gone.

Q: I've read a post here and there that is is possible to corrupt the PlayBook once it has been updated to a non-rootable OS image, the procedure is very risky- but it can be done. How is this accomplished? What is the procedure? Seems like if anyone would know -you'd be the guy.

Con's to a half-way decent Walk-Thru?
    Not many- besides trying to hide info from mfg.

01-08-13 09:42 PM
    Is it possible to bypass activation using this trick? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Here is the BEST info (Walk-Thru), most complete info I've found on the rooting process.

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...how-do-755178/

01-08-13 09:44 PM
    I wasn't really paying attention but when I got my PlayBook back last week (I sent it in for repairs) I am almost certain it asked me if I wanted to update at a later time.
    01-14-13 12:59 AM