Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    236D6091
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How To Remove system App?

I have installed the latest BB10 OS Update { DevAlpha } on playbook and i found that its so buggy and rolled back the core os to 2.1.0.1088, But the BB10 system Apps bbgroups , Games , Settings is still exist and i cannot remove them and also the pb not able to connect to usb it gives only sound but do nothing so plz help if there anyway to delete them without wiping the PB ??

Another Question Plz !! How to extract the SIDELOADED not the purchased .Bar files from the pb ? coz i accidentally have lost all the bar files from my hard disk and want to extract them back..sorry for this thread
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

From what I've read around you cannot uninstall a system bar once installed.. Maybe would have been possible if there was root.. Guess you will need to do a wipe though you wait for opinion of a few more people who might have tried it ..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts

A system wipe would be best but there my be another way............ Have you ever heard of side loading within Google Chrome????? There is an app that runs in chrome called "Playbook App Manager", it works very well and connects through usb as well as Wifi. With this app you can remove system apps. I have done it but............experiment with it at your own risk.
    "People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poomslike View Post
    How to extract the SIDELOADED not the purchased .Bar files from the pb ? coz i accidentally have lost all the bar files from my hard disk and want to extract them back..sorry for this thread
    If they were signed apps, you cannot. Find your source again and reinstall from there.
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by kretch View Post
    A system wipe would be best but there my be another way............ Have you ever heard of side loading within Google Chrome????? There is an app that runs in chrome called "Playbook App Manager", it works very well and connects through usb as well as Wifi. With this app you can remove system apps. I have done it but............experiment with it at your own risk.
    Chrome won't allow uninstalling of system apps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    236D6091
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by kretch View Post
    thanks its really amazing way but it didnt able to delete the system apps its gives error "failure 535 permanent"
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

There is a way to remove system apps: You need to get a hold of the BAR file (you should already have this seeing as you installed it in the first place), extract it, remove the signature (involves deleteing stuff from the MANIFEST.MF file I believe), edit the manifest to allow deleting, sign it with a debug token, install that debug token on your PB, install the edited app, then delete the app. xscaha mentioned this one time, I've never actually done it. I may try again sometime (I only tried very briefly before).
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
    Thanked by 2:
    ciabo (06-12-2013),  poomslike (11-30-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SifJar View Post
    There is a way to remove system apps: You need to get a hold of the BAR file (you should already have this seeing as you installed it in the first place), extract it, remove the signature (involves deleteing stuff from the MANIFEST.MF file I believe), edit the manifest to allow deleting, sign it with a debug token, install that debug token on your PB, install the edited app, then delete the app. xscaha mentioned this one time, I've never actually done it. I may try again sometime (I only tried very briefly before).
    Cool! Now in English please

Posted via CB10
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    7,005 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ciabo View Post

Posted via CB10
    LoL

Posted via CB10 on my B@d@ss Z10
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.1151 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3442

Posted via CB10
    Generally, you need to be able to get the actual Native app and pull it out of an archive or backup. Inside the bar file (really a zipped series of files) will be a file that contains "coding" info. Basically, you remove the coding that Rim added to the file, replace it with YOUR own version that allows Deleting and then you need a way to "officially stamp" the file (signing), repackage it and put it on your pb. That newer version will presumably overwrite the official version. Now you can Delete it.

I'm sure that there are better explanations of this process - if it even works!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Generally, you need to be able to get the actual Native app and pull it out of an archive or backup. Inside the bar file (really a zipped series of files) will be a file that contains "coding" info. Basically, you remove the coding that Rim added to the file, replace it with YOUR own version that allows Deleting and then you need a way to "officially stamp" the file (signing), repackage it and put it on your pb. That newer version will presumably overwrite the official version. Now you can Delete it.

That clarifies a little, any tutorial vids on YouTube that anyone knows about?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

That clarifies a little, any tutorial vids on YouTube that anyone knows about?
    I'm afraid I've never even done it myself, I have just read that it can be done (xsacha posted about it in these forums before, he's pretty knowledgeable about this stuff so I'd say it's correct).
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Code:
    result::failure 550 ApplicationModeMismatchError
    I tried it to get rid of BBM but seems like it doesn't work (Same error as here: Downgrade messages app only)
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2BC532EE

There is an easy way for this, at least on a BB10 phone. Extract a bar you need to remove from a firmware. Sideload it and let it overwrite previously installed system app, voila, you can now remove it with help of Chrome extension (maybe even using the device itself, didn't checked).
    But there is no much point in doing this, as it will be reinstalled at the next (major?) OS update.

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post

Does this work for BB10 too? This thread: Repakaging bar files? shows that it's impossible to deploy an own package using a name of a system app.
    Last edited by dukzcry; 09-24-2014 at 04:09 AM.