I am new here and new to the operating system. How often do they release new updates and beta updates?

Thanks!
    09-01-12 10:34 PM
    As often as RIM feels like it...expect 2.1 to be the last major update before BB10
    09-01-12 11:15 PM
    I am new here and new to the operating system. How often do they release new updates and beta updates?

Thanks!
    not often enough.
    southlander likes this.
    09-02-12 12:00 AM
    As often as RIM feels like it...expect 2.1 to be the last major update before BB10
    We will never see BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 released to the consumer market unless Research In Motion wants to sign its own death warrant. We have waited and the time has passed for anything less than a feature-complete BlackBerry 10 operating system for this tablet. The honeymoon is over for the new chief executive officer and his minions. I expect another lay-off round to be announced in advance of the second quarter of 2013.
    09-02-12 01:58 AM
    We will never see BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 released to the consumer market unless Research In Motion wants to sign its own death warrant.
    Don't know at all why you would say that. I'm running the beta 2.1, I'm not a developer, just a consumer, and as far as I'm concerned, and I suspect most of the other consumers like me who have also installed the beta, the beta version was ready for prime time the day it was released. Further the beta has some significant improvements over 2.0, particularly in the functioning and stability of the android player.
    09-02-12 06:25 AM
    Every 4 months ? Something like that
    09-02-12 07:12 AM
    We will never see BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 released to the consumer market unless Research In Motion wants to sign its own death warrant. We have waited and the time has passed for anything less than a feature-complete BlackBerry 10 operating system for this tablet. The honeymoon is over for the new chief executive officer and his minions. I expect another lay-off round to be announced in advance of the second quarter of 2013.
    Don't quite see how that would be signing a death warrant...

Would you prefer 1 big update in 6 months or an incremental update in a couple of months and BB10 to follow on the original release date?? Surely if it's not causing a delay in the final release you might aswell have it (let's face it the beta is just as stable if not more so than the current release so all they need do is press the button on the update server)

If anything they'd do better releasing 2.1 to generate a bit of interest and keep people going until BB10 lands

As for the op, not that often these days, chances are the next real update (other than 2.1 which you can get from the beta program now if you fancy it) will be BB10 in the new year
    09-02-12 08:30 AM
    more like 1-3 months
    09-02-12 08:35 AM
    Great troll post.

Honestly, it was top notch.

But everything you said doesn't make sense. So instead of trying spread the plague, contribute something a little more useful.

Or at least be original in your post
    09-02-12 10:20 AM
    Thanks guys. I have another question, what features will be new in BB10? I heard maybe Siri like voice commands?
    09-02-12 11:56 AM
    Thanks guys. I have another question, what features will be new in BB10? I heard maybe Siri like voice commands?
    It will take quite a while before RIM get the voice command function as useful as Siri now... and Siri is evolving too.

The featues I am looking forward to are:

1. Flow
    2. One hand operation improvements
    3. Cascade UI features
    4. Touch Keyboard improvements
    5. Camera improvements

Two things I am curious about are:

1. Is BB10 OS really as efficient as claimed by RIM? That should be reflected in performance tests and battery life tests.
    2. Is RIM's effort to improve its ecosystem going to pay off?

sent from my PB with tapatalk 2
    09-02-12 01:22 PM
    Don't know at all why you would say that. I'm running the beta 2.1, I'm not a developer, just a consumer, and as far as I'm concerned, and I suspect most of the other consumers like me who have also installed the beta, the beta version was ready for prime time the day it was released. Further the beta has some significant improvements over 2.0, particularly in the functioning and stability of the android player.
    And has a release date for the public version of BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 been announced and confirmed? No? Thought as much.
    09-03-12 05:39 PM
    Great troll post.

Honestly, it was top notch.

But everything you said doesn't make sense. So instead of trying spread the plague, contribute something a little more useful.

Or at least be original in your post
    Why do you say the posting was trollish? The only BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 is BETA and is NOT supported by BlackBerry PlayBook Support; you need to post any problems to the developer and/or beta forums hosted by RIM. Has a public release date been announced for BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1? The last 2.0.1.x incremental update was removed from the servers after it caused problems for some users. The explanation from RIM was more BS and I do not mean Bachelor of Science. Therefore, I expect BlackBerry 10 will be the next publicly released update unless they plan to delay its release and push out the beta software as a means to appease their users. Blind faith is as bad a trolling. I am not a troll though you are free to express your opinion.
    09-03-12 05:48 PM
    And has a release date for the public version of BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 been announced and confirmed? No? Thought as much.
    I guess there is some point you're making, although it certainly escapes me. But then again,you're the one who said that if RIM released an official 2.1 it would in effect be signing their own "death warrant". That makes no sense either, so I guess I shouldn't really expect sense from you.
    09-03-12 06:17 PM
    Why do you say the posting was trollish? The only BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 is BETA and is NOT supported by BlackBerry PlayBook Support; you need to post any problems to the developer and/or beta forums hosted by RIM. Has a public release date been announced for BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1? The last 2.0.1.x incremental update was removed from the servers after it caused problems for some users. The explanation from RIM was more BS and I do not mean Bachelor of Science. Therefore, I expect BlackBerry 10 will be the next publicly released update unless they plan to delay its release and push out the beta software as a means to appease their users. Blind faith is as bad a trolling. I am not a troll though you are free to express your opinion.
    Based on your logic, iOS6 is never coming either because Apple hasn't given a release date. Which is a shame, because I was looking forward to those 200 new features

Why come this far in a beta and not release something?

2.1 will be the last major release.
    09-03-12 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD