I'm forced to restart my Playbook at least once a day because one of the Apps on the Android player froze up. It's very frustrating. I'm sure RIM must be aware of the issues. Anyone heard any word on what RIM is going to do about it?
    03-18-12 05:58 PM
    delete the app. no more issues.

don't use android apps. insist on native or nothing.
    BearSnout, Gerii and RicThot like this.
    03-18-12 06:46 PM
    Thank you for your helpful seggestion.
    dave1701, sagec and bek816 like this.
    03-18-12 07:25 PM
    Always the same app? From app world or side loaded? If always the same app either way I'd say it's that app.
    03-18-12 07:35 PM
    Thank you for your helpful seggestion.
    Yeah that was a tragic-comic reply
    03-18-12 07:38 PM
    if its sideloaded i would just suggestion deleting it. If its from app store then give the dev an appropriate review. Otherwise all apps are kinda use at your own risk. RIM can only do so much when it come to the android runtime
    03-18-12 07:46 PM
    Try doing the "open up 10 apps to force QNX to stop the Android Runtime" method. I've used it quite a few times when I have stuck Android apps and it work generally quite well.
    03-18-12 08:29 PM
    It's not the same app. If this was about one app I wouldn't be here talking about the android player.
    03-18-12 09:27 PM
    Whats this pushces you speak of? /spellingNazi lol
    03-18-12 09:31 PM
    I wondered this as well. Is this as good as it gets? It's a little quirky and the only reason to ever re-start my PB. Too bad there isn't an app to clear and restart Android.
    FF22, sagec, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    03-18-12 09:46 PM
    I wondered this as well. Is this as good as it gets? It's a little quirky and the only reason to ever re-start my PB. Too bad there isn't an app to clear and restart Android.
    I agree that Rim should provide a way to speed the re-initializing of the android player. I've used the same technique WiseOne suggested - throw a bunch of regular apps at the pb and force the bugger (android player) to concede and restart.
    03-18-12 10:55 PM
    It's not the same app. If this was about one app I wouldn't be here talking about the android player.
    Sideloaded app then?

Don't buy lottery tickets if you insist of telling us many app world android app are causing the android player to crash, because I've never had such bad luck.

Actually the only real issues I got with Android apps were with sideloaded apps - and I can't blame the playbook for this.

This Android player is a gimmick anyways, of course it'll crash eventually...
    03-19-12 08:52 AM
    This Android player is a gimmick anyways, of course it'll crash eventually...
    Really?

I'd previously thought that RIM had provided the Android Player in OS2 as a serious program that would be expected to be robust enough to not crash. Silly me - I now realise that it was just a gimmick and not to be taken seriously.

The OS2 browser regularly crashes too... is that also a gimmick?
    03-19-12 09:03 AM
    Really?

I'd previously thought that RIM had provided the Android Player in OS2 as a serious program that would be expected to be robust enough to not crash. Silly me - I now realise that it was just a gimmick and not to be taken seriously.

The OS2 browser regularly crashes too... is that also a gimmick?
    Are your questions a gimmick? I think you should drive that jeep under a bridge and park it there! Just kidding. You know we are suppose to be thankful that OS2 came out and criticism was suppose to end. I still want things working right. If rim would give us a pdf reader I would not have to use Android (we need an abbreviation) apps. It rim encouraged Kindle I would not need Andy! (I mean someone posted that they purchased a book from kobo but since the book did NOT have drm, the kobo app could not load/read it - LAME)

I get the almost routine Android lockup - most times when starting or running Words w/friends. But usually without rebooting/restarting, the Android Player eventually comes back. I have been using SimpleBrowser+ much more often than the regular browser. Although Simple does have issues with multiple tabs but its features (word wrap, user agent, etc make it worth dealing with).

You have room in that jeep under the bridge?
    03-20-12 08:50 AM
    Yes. I think I made my feelings clear about being provided with applications that we should somehow be grateful work at all.. after all, what's a bit of freezing and crashing amongst friends?

Heh-Heh... the bridged Jeep ... not as much room as I'd like actually.

I love my Jeep (can you tell? ), but it's a bit big for our small UK roads!

It's OK tho' ... other cars tend to dive for cover when they see me and ma truck bearing down on them - and as I pay road tax for all of it, the whole road must surely belong to me? LOL
    FF22 likes this.
    03-20-12 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD