Ok, thanks for trying tough, I hope we see some indication that BB10 is coming soon on PB next week at BBJAM europe, perhaps officially for Blackberry live in may and in between for devs
    02-01-13 01:10 AM
    Any video about BB10 on Playbook ?
    02-01-13 04:53 AM
    Again just to remind you guys, if the BB10 we are discussing here (i.e. the Beta version) that you want to sideload or manually install to your PlayBook, don't waste your time... you'll be disappointed more and probably blame BlackBerry for that... the latest official PB OS (2.1.0.1314) is more productive, stable and usable...
    02-02-13 02:31 AM
    Word on the inside is that there's no release date yet. Every last resource was used on phones and help devs port Android apps.

Now it's off to the races for QWERTY and more porting of Android apps.

When I asked before or after Q2, they said "I don't know" with a face that meant "not likely".
    02-02-13 03:18 PM
    I agree with the latest post, asaunders also said later this year which I interpret as after all things essential are launched so all hands on qwerty.
    02-02-13 03:36 PM
    And it really makes sense; better to get a stronger foothold in the smartphone segment then to have unsure footing in the smartphone and tablet segments.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 07:36 PM
    I just hope that they allow us a way to downgrade if we don't like PB BlackBerry10.
    02-04-13 08:55 PM
    Regardless of what the core user base thought of the Original PlayBook, BlackBerry needs to leave its past behind.

I'd be surprised if they would allow their past "alive" long enough to haunt them.

As the BB10 platform gains popularity, we can only hope that people find a way to side load other OS on to the devices.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    02-04-13 11:24 PM
    I'm resurrecting this thread, cause it's AWESOME
    06-21-13 10:57 PM
     lied to us all about PlayBook. They are selling mid range devices for high end prices and they screwed over the open whatsapp dev royaly.

I'm ashamed to use  products now and I was a huge supporter not long ago.

I'm not trolling just calling it like it is. Shame on BlackBerry.
    chaosdivine likes this.
    06-22-13 09:22 AM
     lied to us all about PlayBook. They are selling mid range devices for high end prices and they screwed over the open whatsapp dev royaly.

I love all my Blackberry products.
    06-22-13 09:29 AM
    Me too. I just Don't like the way the treat customers and developers. I also Don't like being misled or lied to.
    chaosdivine likes this.
    06-22-13 09:34 AM
    I don't think anyone likes being misled or lied to.
    06-22-13 09:37 AM

I think you should re-read all the open what's app threads, to see both sides of the argument....

Also, BlackBerry has tweeted that we will have bb10 on our playbooks by the end of the year...it might not come, but I think they've got 6 more months...

Also, take a look at the system apps on a bb10 device sometime. The bridge apps, i.e. sys.bridge.bbm and sys.bridge.messages....they keep getting update with every leak and os upgrade....why, if they aren't going to update the playbook to use it.
    06-22-13 09:59 AM
    Also, BlackBerry has tweeted that we will have bb10 on our playbooks by the end of the year...it might not come, but I think they've got 6 more months....

"We've said publicly a number of times that our first BB10 handset will be available towards the end of 2012, and that's still firmly the case,"
    Rob Orr, RIM's VP of product management .

"At some point after the launch we'll bring BB10 to our PlayBooks, yes."
    06-22-13 02:16 PM
    And then long before the end of 2012, the CEO publicly announced that it was going to be delayed until q1 2013...I fail to get your point... do you think Rob Orr was lying? really?
    06-22-13 02:59 PM
    I think they all lie. They know that BLACKBERRY10 is not coming to PlayBook so why not just say it?

I'd be happy with a 2.2 or atleast a decent browser and file manager. Its ridiculous how they refuse to even talk about what the plans for PlayBook are. "Later this year" is nothing else but," we want to put the PlayBook behind us and we aren't supporting it anymore but we also Don't want the backlash of yet another broken promise"

I'm over it. Thor and co have lost my respect and so has CrackBerry.

CrackBerry was awesome when it wasn't a division of BlackBerry (which it now is and no one can tell me different) CrackBerry went from being for the people by the people to for the company(BlackBerry) by the company.

The old CB would put the pressure on BlackBerry to get answers now they just try to keep the peace and tote the corporate line. Sad.
    msps likes this.
    06-22-13 04:03 PM
    Hi to everyone,
    I am spamming really about that ^_^ So I got a BB powered by PR 1.0.5 but it needs to be updated to get ahead... and I would like install this BB10. How can I do that directly? I am asking that because I know that if I updates it, it will never come back....
    06-23-13 12:32 AM
    Hi to everyone,I am spamming really about that ^_^ So I got a BB powered by PR 1.0.5 but it needs to be updated to get ahead... and I would like install this BB10. How can I do that directly? I am asking that because I know that if I updates it, it will never come back....
    There's really no point in installing 10.0 on your PlayBook. You're far better off rooting it and loading the custom libraries to run newer games if you don't want to just do a normal update.
    06-23-13 12:56 AM
    There's really no point in installing 10.0 on your PlayBook. You're far better off rooting it and loading the custom libraries to run newer games if you don't want to just do a normal update.
    SCrid2000, thanks for your reply and what's about the limitation? BB10 needs some specific PlayBook releases? Please can you point it out?

Regards,
    06-23-13 01:17 AM
    And then long before the end of 2012, the CEO publicly announced that it was going to be delayed until q1 2013...I fail to get your point... do you think Rob Orr was lying? really?
    The point is
    BB cannot be trusted
    and their statements like
    bb10 on our playbooks by the end of the year
    are completely meaningless.
    06-23-13 05:50 AM
    The point is
    BB cannot be trusted
    and their statements like
    are completely meaningless.
    Then why waste your time on this forum?
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    06-23-13 08:00 AM
    To warn others not to spend hundreds $ with the company that treat their customers with no respect.
    I have learn my lesson the hard way, others can save some money.

Felt the same when Nokia abandoned WP7.5 just a few weeks after the release of their flagship at the time Lumia 900.
    They kept advertising it as 'the best windows phone', kept selling it to naive guys and had no decency to admit that WP7.5 wouldn't be upgraded even though they had made the decision months earlier.

It is not the way companies should do business.
    I do not care what is best for the shareholders.
    It is a scam from customers' point of view..

Some companies simply do not deserve fans who worship them..
    Period
    06-23-13 09:08 AM
    ok good bye!
    06-25-13 01:52 AM
    This thread has just become more relevant then ever before
    diegonei likes this.
    06-29-13 09:20 AM
251 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD