Your last sentence were my thoughts exactly.
    01-04-13 11:41 PM
    I doubt we'll see it before May.

Logically, let's say RIM announces the touch device on January 30th and the phones are shipping in a couple of weeks (say Feb 21st). Then, for fun, let's say they do a beta of the PlayBook BlackBerry 10 30 days after that. Say March 21st. They'll be feedback, maybe another beta, then a full gold release cycle. May or June makes sense to me.
    01-05-13 10:56 AM
    Well, the devices will come within the Month so it could come anytime from the 1st to the 28th of february...bringing BB10 to the Pb will only bring the hype around the os. The downside could be a buggy version of TBhe os for the Pb form factor �vent if it is beta it needs to be perfect if released prior to any phones to avoid bad reports by people who won't be able to distinguish a beta and a release version (or a dev version) and there are many among the so-called tech press. So...I don't know really what s best from a marketing point of view. Depends on the state of the OS don t you think?
    01-05-13 12:05 PM
    Beta is fine by me but I'm thinking its gonna be a little sooner than you think. Internal tablet builds of BB10 have been around for quite awhile. I wouldn't be surprised to see a beta very shortly after launch. The cool thing about the beta is we will have access to more apps and that's what I'm looking forward to the most with the BLACKBERRY10 coming to PlayBook.
    01-05-13 12:06 PM
    Beta is fine by me but I'm thinking its gonna be a little sooner than you think. Internal tablet builds of BB10 have been around for quite awhile. I wouldn't be surprised to see a beta very shortly after launch. The cool thing about the beta is we will have access to more apps and that's what I'm looking forward to the most with the BLACKBERRY10 coming to PlayBook.
    And also a change of testing the bb10 apps designed for the playbook
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    01-05-13 12:53 PM
    So I may have been incorrect earlier; rumor has it that you CAN use BBM if you install the new Dev Alpha OS like this:

1. cfp load coreOS.signed file
    2. sideload BBM and other apps

However, if you load the radio file or the debrick image, you WILL BRICK.

You WILL NOT get the new BB10 UI.

You can get the coreOS.signed using Sachup, or if you're not sure what file it is, you can get it (and BBM) from here: 10.0.9.44_coreOS_and_BBM.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
    I have not tested this, and probably won't (and it's not my fault if this doesn't work or you have to debrick your PlayBook like I had to yesterday ). Just passing on a rumor.
    Does the bb10 have activation screen like on the current Playbook?

My Playbook is gathering dust I cannot activate it so I'm thinking of loading bb10

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    01-08-13 10:01 AM

My Playbook is gathering dust I cannot activate it so I'm thinking of loading bb10

What do you mean activation screen? Yes, there's an initial setup,but I've never had any problems with it.
    01-08-13 01:24 PM
    The BB10 beta for PlayBook is not worthy to try on... unless you have more than one PB that you can play around and not to be totally disappointed... it is better to wait for the official release...

I'm glad I was able to security wipe everything and back to official OS...
    01-10-13 06:19 AM
    The BB10 beta for PlayBook is not worthy to try on... unless you have more than one PB that you can play around and not to be totally disappointed... it is better to wait for the official release...

At this point, I agree, I have tried it and nothing fancy, not even cascades animation,...

I'm glad I was able to security wipe everything and back to official OS...
    01-10-13 09:09 AM
    Soooo anybody tested the newly OTA update of the dev alpha on the PB? DD
    01-11-13 08:03 AM
    i downloaded the files but someone mentioned earlier that the new ones don't work so I didn't bother to try.
    01-11-13 04:01 PM
    i downloaded the files but someone mentioned earlier that the new ones don't work so I didn't bother to try.
    Not with the latest update so still worth a try
    01-12-13 10:20 AM
    Soooo anybody tested the newly OTA update of the dev alpha on the PB? DD
    10.0.09.2320 - I did - negative result - "Invalid block range" in QCFP
    01-15-13 12:59 PM
    sad but thanks for trying though
    01-15-13 02:20 PM
    Crap, forgot to reply with quote...grrrrr,

@ qwertyasdf
    Call RIM and get them to activate it. You might have to pay for the phone call because you're out of warranty most likely if you've let it sit this long. But seriously, they have serial numbers blacklisted and the only way to unlist them is to communicate with them and they can do that all from customer service. I know this from accounts of others over on the BB Support forums. I'm not making this up...go search BB's support forums and/or post a thread over there.

Re:

01-15-13 05:55 PM
    looks like new BB10 image for playbook finally display a widgets on desktop
    First Leaked Image of BlackBerry 10 Running on the BlackBerry PlayBook | NerdBerry.net
    any idea, where to get that BB10 image?
    01-26-13 06:44 PM
    looks like new BB10 image for playbook finally display a widgets on desktop
    First Leaked Image of BlackBerry 10 Running on the BlackBerry PlayBook | NerdBerry.net
    any idea, where to get that BB10 image?
    i think that picture is fake, or just someone made a screenshot with a dev-alpha / leaked L-series and opened that photo on the playbook. why ? because you can see the 'phone' icon in the left bottom of the screen. and the playbook cant make calls
    01-27-13 05:05 AM
    kudos to op. but i will just wait for next two weeks for the official version.
    01-27-13 03:19 PM
    kudos to op. but i will just wait for next two weeks for the official version.
    What makes you think there will be an official release for the PlayBook in 2 weeks?
    01-27-13 03:22 PM
    i think that picture is fake, or just someone made a screenshot with a dev-alpha / leaked L-series and opened that photo on the playbook. why ? because you can see the 'phone' icon in the left bottom of the screen. and the playbook cant make calls
    I don't know, how can look PB with 4G.
    but anyway, this link was removed from that website
    01-28-13 10:22 AM
    lol here we go again, will the new OS on the dev alpha be working on the PB???
    01-30-13 02:08 PM
    lol here we go again, will the new OS on the dev alpha be working on the PB???
    no
    Code:
        IFS/OS Version:        10.0.10.263 DEV
            Metrics Version:   3.18
            Build Date:        Jan 27 2013
            Build Time:        11:33:05
            Build User:        ec_agent
            STP Protocol Ver:  0.0.4 (release OS)
    --> Invalid block range found in file: 0-83 (Logical block: 2053-2136)
    --> Allowed Ranges:
    --> 0-15 (Logical block range: 2053-2068)
    --> 16-16383 (Logical block range: 2069-18436)
    --> 16640-238911 (Logical block range: 18693-240964)
    --> Invalid QCFM file detected.
    Error: Failed to load images.
    Error: QCFP file headers invalid
    Last edited by ayaromenok; 01-31-13 at 01:10 PM.
    01-31-13 11:56 AM
    also, I got follow status on Playbook (and it can't load OS 2.x anymore)

Code:
    OS Blocklist:
    range: From 0.0.0.0 DEV to 2.1.0.1087 DEV
    type: SHIPPING_OS
    01-31-13 03:00 PM
    sh*t, sorry man, I hope you can debrick it
    01-31-13 03:17 PM
    sh*t, sorry man, I hope you can debrick it
    it's Ok - I use PB only for development, and BB_10_4(which is outside of that restriction) is OK for me. also, next OS 2.1 or BB10 will be booted too
    but I was really surprised by such behavior of BB writing tool
    I believe, it was a autoload(cfp) from 10.0.09.2320, but not sure
    PS: only cfp.exe 3.10 can display that message.
    01-31-13 03:52 PM
251 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD