I'm trying to glean information from photos on my PlayBook, but can't find the actual file names of the pictures. Most cameras default to the date in the file name, and this is what I'm looking for. The pictures were all taken with the PlayBook, and are still on it. I just want to see the picture properties, which will hopefully give me dates and maybe time, but I can't find a way to do it.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 11:13 AM
    I'm trying to glean information from photos on my PlayBook, but can't find the actual file names of the pictures. Most cameras default to the date in the file name, and this is what I'm looking for. The pictures were all taken with the PlayBook, and are still on it. I just want to see the picture properties, which will hopefully give me dates and maybe time, but I can't find a way to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Use a proper file manager. AIRBrowser (free), My File Manager, Files and Folders etc. That will list files by name. Photos taken by playbook are in Camera folder, not Photos folder.

Metadata is another matter, don't know of an app. Someone may.
    Last edited by jarviser; 09-12-13 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Bigger think.
    09-12-13 12:24 PM
    Download Ghost Commander in app world, a free app. It will give you access to your file system. It also will show thumbnails of image files, and the size of these thumbnails can be adjusted in settings. There are a couple of apps available, Advanced Camera and android Camera (already on your Playbook and accessible using Ghost- in applications) which can name pictures using date and time.
    09-12-13 12:24 PM
    Well, that worked perfectly. Hmm... I've had my PlayBook for nearly 2 years, and it took me this long to figure out what people were complaining about with the native file manager. Maybe I should use it more often....

Thanks for the replies!
    09-12-13 03:49 PM
    Download Ghost Commander in app world, a free app. It will give you access to your file system. It also will show thumbnails of image files, and the size of these thumbnails can be adjusted in settings. There are a couple of apps available, Advanced Camera and android Camera (already on your Playbook and accessible using Ghost- in applications) which can name pictures using date and time.
    this!
    09-12-13 07:10 PM
    It is kind of ODD that when viewing photos, the Pic/photo app does not provide any method of seeing the actual filename and/or properties (size, date taken, etc)
    09-13-13 03:55 PM
    It is kind of ODD that when viewing photos, the Pic/photo app does not provide any method of seeing the actual filename and/or properties (size, date taken, etc)
    The whole "file management " for playbook was naive, and reminds me of microsoft 20years ago with "my documents" with no suffixes showing and anything that was not an ms document was a hidden file. Just try to attach a non supported file to a playbook email. It's arrogant and over protective. The so called file manager provided by playbook should be the subject of a trades descriptions prosecution, or whatever the Canadian equivalent is.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-14-13 04:18 PM
    Just try to attach a non supported file to a playbook email..
    It's easy if you use Ghost Commander (or a number of other android file managers) to attach files to emails rather than the stock file picker.
    09-14-13 04:29 PM
    It's easy if you use Ghost Commander (or a number of other android file managers) to attach files to emails rather than the stock file picker.
    Sure, but should not need a third party workaround to do this.
    09-16-13 03:46 AM