In the troubleshooter, it says
    tap gear, > accounts, verify that sync calendar is turned on.
    I don't have the option.

i did hit refresh and facebook calendar arrived.
    still no outlook

i guess that's progress
    02-21-12 01:38 PM
    When I hit log in, i end up at the set up page, wehn i hit save, it says i already have the account set up.

can't find a way to delete existing account and start over.

i'm really confused here...
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    02-21-12 01:42 PM
    ok, I did delete existing account, added it again.
    still only facebook calendar.

gonna try a reboot, see if that helps.
    02-21-12 01:45 PM
    Same story.
    Do you think a wipe/reload would help?
    02-21-12 02:00 PM
    I fixed the DNS problem so that the webmail.companyname.com address can now be access by computers on the internal network. Still can't get Exchange e-mail working on the Playbook. I can view the server website from my work PC, but cannot access it through the Playbook browser.
    Last edited by The Fuzz 53; 02-21-12 at 02:47 PM.
    02-21-12 02:20 PM
    I have been trying to add company email since 5 AM. It is the correct settings. It will download the email, red light blinks and sound for new email, however, it will not save the account. Within a few minutes, i get error message and then the emails disappear.

New problem, when i hit the bridge folder - it now flashes and will not open email.

I have wiped playbook twice. It has not solved either the problem.
    02-21-12 02:35 PM
    Same story.
    Do you think a wipe/reload would help?
    I have a comcast acct. I don't use but for the heck of ot I tried to set it up. Works and here are my settings or are you only having trouble with calendar?

Be back with the other pic after I fix it.

Now this is just for email. I don't have a calendar or contacts there.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 02-21-12 at 04:29 PM.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    02-21-12 04:14 PM
    I have a comcast acct. I don't use but for the heck of ot I tried to set it up. Works and here are my settings or are you only having trouble with calendar?

Be back with the other pic after I fix it.
    Thank you so much for doing that. That's very kind of you.
    Yes, I am only having trouble with the contacts and calendar.

I can use the bridge apps, if necessary. It's not like I don't have ANYTHING working.

I did wipe and reinstall, but it didn't help.
    02-21-12 04:21 PM
    ... I am only having trouble with the contacts and calendar. ...
    If you are using IMAP or POP (also called POP3), these protocols only handle mail, not contacts and calendars. You would probably need to set up a CalDAV calendar and a CardDAV contact list on the PlayBook, associating them with the email account as you create them.

If you use ActiveSync, that should handle email, calendar & contacts. Comcast seems to have several different email offers. After a couple of minutes googling for info, I only found one ActiveSync offering from Comcast for "business class" email. PlayBook setup should be similar to that for iOS and Android, for example:
    | Comcast Business Class | Get email on your Android
    02-28-12 01:57 PM
    As a random question related to getting Exchange e-mail, does anyone know if having an @ mark in their password would cause conflicts in the PB (or anything else at that) setting up one's e-mail address?

I have an @ mark in my password and have never had trouble logging in and I also have that e-mail address set up on my BB Curve (got it set up in an instant), but when I try on my PB, it keeps telling me my password is incorrect.
    02-29-12 05:35 AM
    If you are using IMAP or POP (also called POP3), these protocols only handle mail, not contacts and calendars. You would probably need to set up a CalDAV calendar and a CardDAV contact list on the PlayBook, associating them with the email account as you create them.

If you use ActiveSync, that should handle email, calendar & contacts. Comcast seems to have several different email offers. After a couple of minutes googling for info, I only found one ActiveSync offering from Comcast for "business class" email. PlayBook setup should be similar to that for iOS and Android, for example:
    | Comcast Business Class | Get email on your Android
    Thank you so much for your time!
    I will try it straight away!
    02-29-12 10:48 AM
    Comcast offers Exchange mail?
    Comcast business has exchange and outlook available to run on their severs so you don't need a server at work. Their own cloud.
    02-29-12 10:34 PM
    I've been trying to add two email accounts since the 21st..simply does not work. Spent hours on the phone with RIM..they have no answers either. RIM needs to come clean and fix the problem.
    03-06-12 07:00 PM
    I've been trying to add two email accounts since the 21st..simply does not work. Spent hours on the phone with RIM..they have no answers either. RIM needs to come clean and fix the problem.
    Serious offer, no sarcasm. PM me your email settings and I will try to configure your account on a new, out of the box Playbook. If it works I'll give you step by step instructions. If those instructions work for me but not for you I will trade you PlayBooks and you can have the working one. You pay for shipping.

I know some folks have reported issues with Telus but I just did one for a client here in Ontario with Telus and it seems to be working.

Best I can do to help you ...
    03-06-12 11:18 PM
    I pass the first step of the Exchange Active Sync. Then when it asks for which accounts to sync and I hit continue it shows the certificate which says three different warnings, I check trust certificate and next, then it stays on a loop verifying settings and then the next message shows up: Account "companyname" - [email protected] failed testing with current settings.

Does anyone knows how to get the system to pass the current settings test.

My company uses a webhosting for the e-mail: which will be the server address: companyname.webhostingname.com then for the blackberry phone OWA settings I include /exchange but on the playbook it does not recognizes "/exchange" part. I try the configuration exchange.companyname.webhostingname.com or owa.companyname.webhostingname.com but then it fails in testing the current settings.

Does anyone knows of a solution.

I did got touchdown android app to sync but it does not works over bridge connection, only via wifi.

All the help will be greatly appreciated.
    03-07-12 10:07 AM
    After 16 days of trying to get my Telus and Cox email to work last night it finally connected...at home of course..

Then I tried to use it at three different wi fi locations today.....FAIL!

Hotmail links to server Telus and Cox would not.

RIM = FAIL

199 dollar MP3 player.

absolute JUNK.
    03-08-12 05:37 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD