Here's why I think bringing BB10 to the PB before launch date will be an excellent marketing
We all are excited and full of joy because of the launch of BB10 on January and the lucky ones that have a Dev Alpha A/B or even the C, can already demonstrate to their friends what BB10 can do and make them to try the new OS. But the ones who don't any BB10 devices, can't show BB10 in the same way, and are mostly limited to show YouTube videos and official demos and they can't easily leave a good impresion. Therefore, if RIM update the PB to have BB10 before January 30th, the BlackBerry People that don't have a BB10 device can then show to the esceptical the great power of BB10
- CrackBerry Addict
12-24-2012, 08:55 AM #2
- 573 Posts
That's probably pretty much RIM's assessment (if they do decide to launch BB10 on the Playbook before releasing the phones).
It pretty much gives RIM 2,000,000 BB10 advertisers 10 to 15 days before the phone launch.
That being said it could (theoretically) backfire slightly by stealing the thunder from the phone launch... I guess they could launch to the Playbook on January 30th straight after the official phone launch event.
This would mean stealing no thunder, and still having the 2 million advertisers before the phone's release to market. Best of both worlds
- 12-24-2012, 08:59 AM #3
It's a good idea, but likely impossible. RIM has been devoting all energies to getting it on the phones. I doubt they've even done much work doing the PlayBook version yet. I would guess late spring or early summer we'll see it on PlayBook. If we do at all.
Let's be frank guys - RIM is probably going to sell more phones with BlackBerry 10 in their Q1 than they have PlayBooks in 1.5 years.
- By JayR2010 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 3Last Post: 10-20-2012, 04:53 PM
- By DiGGM95 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 8Last Post: 03-27-2010, 02:27 PM
- By stormsucks75 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 17Last Post: 03-03-2009, 08:31 PM
- By CaraP in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 01-19-2009, 05:27 PM
- By Lovely3800 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 07-20-2008, 12:02 PM