My playbook wont connect to pc at all. Whenever I connect it to pc and start Blackberry Desktop Manager it gives the following error "please retry or update". I have done both the things. Update fails in the middle of installing everytime. I have tried every method? whats wrong? please help me
    03-13-13 08:41 AM
    Is it charged? Is it on when you plug it in? Have you tried having dm open when you plug it in? Are using the newest version of dm?
    03-13-13 09:03 AM
    yes it fully charged. Yes I have tried that aswell. And the dm is the newest version
    03-13-13 10:17 AM
    What OS is your computer on? The only time dm wants to update or repair mine is when I plug it in while off.

Have uninstalled dm rebooted and then reinstalled dm?
    03-13-13 10:23 AM
    My comp is running windows 8
    03-13-13 10:25 AM
    i have tried this as well but no result

* With device off and unconnected, I start Desktop Software
    * Connect device => PB starts, Desktop Software offers to [retry] [update...] [cancel]
    * Without clicking anything, I wait for PB to get to blue screen and then turn it off again (as you said)
    * With device off, now I press [update] => "Confirm device repair - ... [repair]" => click [Repair]
    * "Reset your device - Press and hold the power button until the device turns off (it's already off?). Then press the power button again to turn it on."
    * I turn it on again => Password? => "Please wait..."
    * "Checking for BlackBerry Tablet OS - Please wait..." => "An updated version of BlackBerry Tablet OS is available. Do you want to install the update?" [Get update] [Update later] => click [Get update]
    * "Updating your BlackBerry Tablet OS can take up to an hour" [Install update] [Cancel] => click [Install update]
    * "Updating BlackBerry Tablet OS - Please wait while your BlackBerry Tablet OS is updated. During these steps, do not disconnect your tablet or interrupt this process as it could make your tablet unusable."

...download takes long, but it seems to work now. You're a hero "antiRIM"! Thank you so so much!
    03-13-13 10:27 AM
    If your playbook can fully power up and login, take it to another computer and plug it into the USB port. If the computer does not enumerate it as another cdrom device then the USB port on the playbook is duff. That is the quickest way to see if the port is working instead of beating on the desktop manager to try to connect. Unfortunately port problems are not covered under warranty.
    03-13-13 06:10 PM
    I had the same issue. So I've downloaded blackberry link, then connected my playbook and then hitted on 'restore' through the blackberry link. Now my computer recognises playbook again. And I'm using win8 aswell.
    By the way I didn't turn off my playbook as it did by itself..
    03-13-13 07:29 PM
    I had this happen once. open control panel > hardware and sound > device manager > find where the playbook is plugged in if itsnot comnecting proper there will be a yellow triangle beside it right click and uninstall and reinstall the drivers by unplugging your playbook and plugging it back in and letting your computer search for it.

that worked for me hope it helps
    03-14-13 09:24 AM