Just set up native email accounts on my playbook, and now I'm downloading countless thousands of redundant emails from work.

HELP PLEASE! - Need to keep the push going and keep a constant sync, but I don't need a back tracking and pulling everything from the servers.

**Also is there a read all button, or mark prior read like on the phones?
    Last edited by yardmon; 02-21-12 at 07:00 AM.
    02-21-12 06:54 AM
    Just set up native email accounts on my playbook, and now I'm downloading countless thousands of redundant emails from work.

HELP PLEASE! - Need to keep the push going and keep a constant sync, but I don't need a back tracking and pulling everything from the servers.

**Also is there a read all button, or mark prior read like on the phones?
    Shut down the wifi for now (to avoid massive DL).
    Delete the account you have created.
    Turn wifi back on
    Create your account again, using the advanced settings and provide a "Amount of initial synchronization" from 3 to 30 days meeting your needs. Should do the trick
    02-21-12 09:03 AM
    Shut down the wifi for now (to avoid massive DL).
    Delete the account you have created.
    Turn wifi back on
    Create your account again, using the advanced settings and provide a "Amount of initial synchronization" from 3 to 30 days meeting your needs. Should do the trick
    Thanks! I wish that was more prevalent at the start.
    02-21-12 10:12 AM
    Did it work for you?

It didn't for me. I set it to 3 days and it still started to retrieve all the messages in my hotmail account.
    02-21-12 10:42 AM
    Same for me. It's reading all messages as unread, and now I constantly have over a thousand notifications for emails. There IS a select button, but no select all, so I have to mark all messages anyway. This is only from my hotmail account, by the way.
    02-21-12 11:14 AM
    Worked for me.

I shut off wifi to stop the downloading.
    Deleted the accounts.
    Setup the accounts again, but this time went to advanced settings after the initial enter password page and went into advanced settings.
    Set it to last 3 days and then connected.

After it pulls in the emails it syncs them and marks them as already read.

Thanks
    02-21-12 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD