Currently running OS 1.0.8.xxxx and even with the prior version 1.0.7 I have had a bug with Bridge that was remedied by wiping the device. No idea what the cause of this issue is, but I am fairly certain that it originates somewhere in the Applications portion of the device. I have supplied the "higher ups" with info that should definitely allow the developers to recreate and hopefully fix this issue, but all I get is a bunch of "noise" from the "higher ups" with no update on whether or not this has been escalated to the development team. My question is, is this the case with OS 2.0 beta? I'm a little anxious to move to that OS and am wondering if the development team takes bug reports more seriously than from the 1.0.8.xxxx OS.
    12-27-11 11:50 AM
    What do you mean by "higher ups?" You speak with customer support representatives when you call Research In Motion for support. They are too far removed from the development team and the executives like it that way. The customer support staff have a difficult job at the best of times.
    12-27-11 02:53 PM
    By "higher ups" I was referring to the analysts, who are supposedly higher than the first level customer support staff. The several analysts that I've come in contact with all seem to be "delaying" any sort of action to escalate my issue to the developers... I just wanted to know if there's a way to get some ears to be opened for bug reports if I were to switch to 2.0 beta now.
    12-27-11 03:01 PM
    There is also the Official BB support forum where someone may take an interest. Or if you post reproducible steps to demonstrate a bug they might be more inclined to act/report it.
    12-27-11 07:49 PM
    By "higher ups" I was referring to the analysts, who are supposedly higher than the first level customer support staff. The several analysts that I've come in contact with all seem to be "delaying" any sort of action to escalate my issue to the developers... I just wanted to know if there's a way to get some ears to be opened for bug reports if I were to switch to 2.0 beta now.
    Have you considered the possibility that the analysts have no authority to escalate to the development. Have you ever worked in a large organization and have any understanding of reality? Those analysts want to help you but they cannot just call up the development team. I am sure they wish it was as easy as you seem to think.
    12-27-11 08:01 PM
    There is also the Official BB support forum where someone may take an interest. Or if you post reproducible steps to demonstrate a bug they might be more inclined to act/report it.
    Will look into that and post here...

Have you considered the possibility that the analysts have no authority to escalate to the development. Have you ever worked in a large organization and have any understanding of reality? Those analysts want to help you but they cannot just call up the development team. I am sure they wish it was as easy as you seem to think.
    Yes, I do currently work in a fairly large organization that deals with some level of programming for the devices we lease/sell. Given enough clamor, the analysts are supposed to gather data for issues and push them to the developers to help them recreate and develop a patch. At least that's how it works here at Xerox... Basically I wanted to know that there's some way for us users to get our issues resolved should a patch be required to correct an issue and if this would be easier for 2.0 beta versus he current 1.0.8 version.
    12-27-11 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD