Hello

I've just received my PB, which is my first ever tablet, and a little frustrated already. I purchased the PB as it was said to have excellent, if not the best native flash playback, but I've already hit some problems.

Iplayer and YouTube work fine, but I watch a lot of sport and use Bet365 and Betfair Video for this purpose, both of which use flash, however, the times I can get video to playback without crashing the browser and subsequently needing to restart the PB because the browser is greyed out, the video has extreme judder, making it unwatchable. I can confirm the problem is not with my WIFI or anything related to my internet connection. The problem here is flash, but only with particular sites.

Is there something I can do to fix this please? I've searched for answers, but info is lacking, with basic suggestions such as clear cache. One surprising suggestion did at least stop the crashing. By changing the search engine within settings from Google back to Bing, video will play again, but with the horror judder as mentioned.

I've lots to learn and will read through this excellent forum for all the cool things I can do with the PB, but as this was the main propose for this tablet, this is a must fix otherwise, I will need to return it and return to my trusty (but bulky) Samsung N220 netbook.

A few other problems I have is..
    1. PB is occasionally pushing screen or selection apps on it's own?! Keyboard also disappears sometimes mid-type.
    2. How can I view full versions of sites? For example, I would like to watch iplayer in HD, but I'm always directed to the mobile site which only has SD.

Thank you
    Last edited by jackhulk; 02-16-13 at 11:26 AM.
    02-16-13 10:54 AM
    The video issues sound like it's the website issue if it works fine on other sites.

Pushing screen or selection apps on it's own? What do you mean by that? Yep that happens sometimes with the KB esp if the page hasn't fully loaded.

To view full versions most have a link somewhere at the bottom of the page to change to full, mobile etc.
    02-17-13 08:47 AM
    crashing the browser and subsequently needing to restart the PB because the browser is greyed out
    This happened to me last Thursday. I was watching one of those "illegal" live flash streams and my browser crashed and the icon was greyed out. The PB was using a lot of RAM too.
    02-17-13 02:08 PM
    This happened to me last Thursday. I was watching one of those "illegal" live flash streams and my browser crashed and the icon was greyed out. The PB was using a lot of RAM too.
    The we know the culprit here, don't we? The PB has issues with poorly coded pages.
    02-19-13 06:16 AM