- CrackBerry Newbie
- 3 Posts
Flash playback on some sites are unwatched due to judder. IS there a fix please?
I've just received my PB, which is my first ever tablet, and a little frustrated already. I purchased the PB as it was said to have excellent, if not the best native flash playback, but I've already hit some problems.
Iplayer and YouTube work fine, but I watch a lot of sport and use Bet365 and Betfair Video for this purpose, both of which use flash, however, the times I can get video to playback without crashing the browser and subsequently needing to restart the PB because the browser is greyed out, the video has extreme judder, making it unwatchable. I can confirm the problem is not with my WIFI or anything related to my internet connection. The problem here is flash, but only with particular sites.
Is there something I can do to fix this please? I've searched for answers, but info is lacking, with basic suggestions such as clear cache. One surprising suggestion did at least stop the crashing. By changing the search engine within settings from Google back to Bing, video will play again, but with the horror judder as mentioned.
I've lots to learn and will read through this excellent forum for all the cool things I can do with the PB, but as this was the main propose for this tablet, this is a must fix otherwise, I will need to return it and return to my trusty (but bulky) Samsung N220 netbook.
A few other problems I have is..
1. PB is occasionally pushing screen or selection apps on it's own?! Keyboard also disappears sometimes mid-type.
2. How can I view full versions of sites? For example, I would like to watch iplayer in HD, but I'm always directed to the mobile site which only has SD.
Last edited by jackhulk; 02-16-13 at 11:26 AM.
- 02-17-13, 08:47 AM #2
The video issues sound like it's the website issue if it works fine on other sites.
Pushing screen or selection apps on it's own? What do you mean by that? Yep that happens sometimes with the KB esp if the page hasn't fully loaded.
To view full versions most have a link somewhere at the bottom of the page to change to full, mobile etc.Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
Woopie Doopie we have em fun
- 02-17-13, 02:08 PM #3crashing the browser and subsequently needing to restart the PB because the browser is greyed outZ10 Stl3
10.2.2=> 10.3.0.1418=> 10.3.1.821=> 10.3.1.800=> 10.3.1.1016=> 10.3.1.1151=> 10.3.1.1154=> 10.3.1.2072 Non Destructive=>10.3.1.1581
- 02-19-13, 06:16 AM #4Forum Rules: Community Rules & Guidelines Quick Help: BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | OS Arquive: BB10 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 (10.2.1+) |Sideloading : BB10 10.2.0-/PlayBook |Google Play Store: BB10 |Update/Reload Software: BBOS - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BBOS - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BBOS | Battery Saving : BBOS - PlayBook - BB10 | Dead Battery: Stack Charging
My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management
- By 012g in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 7Last Post: 06-06-10, 12:49 PM
- By christy623 in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-02-09, 03:19 PM
- By Swaggerr in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 2Last Post: 08-22-09, 12:11 PM
- By wcihlu in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-13-09, 03:04 PM
- By Lord Vader in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 01-14-09, 10:39 AM