There are still new threads here on the Playbook, 4 years later and that says something. People who have them, enjoy them. BlackBerry should really make a new Tablet but larger than 7". I want a real BlackBerry tablet so I can dump my laptop for good.

Posted via CB10
    a_bateman and LibertyPhone like this.
    03-03-15 03:14 PM
    I don't think it means what you think it means... you should ask yourself, how there are even still new PlayBooks to be bought when the stopped making them over two years ago.

You want to get rid of your laptop... take a look at the Windows Tablets out there.
    Carl Estes and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    03-03-15 03:21 PM
    Still have and use my "old " Playbook.. actually have 3 of them... unlike my first gen IPad that simply collect dust.. has been over a year since I have used it.... reason is simple... still does what I want... to the OP.. would not hold my breath waiting for BB tablet... maybe if the company gets on solid footing you may see one.. more than likely you will see one when Enterprise market shows a demand....
    QERNB likes this.
    03-03-15 03:38 PM
    I got a used playbook along with a used z10 when my "new" z10 decided to not start last December while on vacation. Interesting that while I was on vacation when the phone died, was the first time I saw a playbook being used by someone (the person who was coordinating outings at the hotel).
    I find the playbook a nice thing to have but I wouldn't use it for business and because I also bought a Dell 2 in 1 laptop/tablet as a replacement for my older laptop (which became a desktop for my home office) just before getting the used playbook the Dell is really my tablet of choice.
    03-03-15 07:08 PM
    I still use mine. I plan to use it until it kicks the bucket even if BlackBerry releases a new version sometime far down the road. Only then will I upgrade. I actually use it instead of my laptop most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 03:50 PM
    I really love my PlayBook. I do wish they would build a new one with QNX (BB10 or better) with full functionality. It is dying the slow death of losing apps...

Honestly, the BS about not being able to run BB10 is just that - BS - the hardware *should* be capable - I wish they would just let the OS loose and let the indies go at it - keep it alive and make them actually look good.

But that'll never happen...
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-24-15 09:15 PM
    I love my PlayBook. It's on its last leg with the USB port being broken and having difficulty charging with the rapid charger but it's still the best tablet I have owned. It's still quick (except booting up lol), the 3rd party web browser has flash, its built very well, cameras are good, sound is the loudest I have ever heard in a tablet, cheap to buy a replacement and the wireless file transfer is great.

Blackberries are better for you than Apples
    07-22-15 11:27 AM
    I bought a used PlayBook off of eBay last week and I love it! I do hope that BB comes out with an upgraded one.
    07-23-15 08:03 AM
    I don't enjoy mine.

There's not much I can do with it and what it can do my other devices do it better and quicker, I turn it on like once a month maybe.

Still got a soft spot for it though.
    andy957 likes this.
    07-24-15 06:19 AM
    It's my alarm clock. Weather channel. Newspaper. Book. Browser when sitting on my couch. Works in and out of the house as it is the LTE model. Links with my BlackBerry 9900 and my P9982. Just great.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 05:31 PM
    We have two Playbooks.

My wife uses hers mainly as an e-reader. But she does use the Origami browser from time to time.

I use mine every day. Also as e-reader, but also to monitor incoming mail. Use the Origami browser to look stuff up while watching TV as well as to monitor forums (even this one!)

Both of use use them when travelling on short trips when we don't want to lug laptop.

No physical problems with either. I do have an original keyboard but never use it. Maybe I should put it up for sale
    08-05-15 08:06 PM
    My Passport and Playbook work continuously everyday.
    Playbook has a Bluetooth keyboard and is great in meetings.
    I document, listen to music, watch movies, BBM, SMS, browse the Internet and occasionally Cut the Rope.

It is everything I needed in 2011 and does it all today more than adequately, it is a great device.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 10:42 PM
    I've had my playbook from 2011 and the only problems I have with it is that it's battery don't keep me through the whole day, I work a 12 hour shift and it will give me like maybe 5+ hours, the hardware specs need upgrading other than that I still love it.
    I still have my fingers crossed for I newer model to arrive.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-07-15 06:52 PM
    I wouldn't dump my laptop for anything other than a surface. You don't realize how much your laptop did for you till it's gone, the surface is as close as it gets.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 04:33 PM
    I recently installed a remote desktop app called Splashtop which works surprisingly well (I was able to stream Netflix from my computer without lag). It got me thinking of how sweet it would be if BlackBerry just gave some sort of software that would mirror BB10 from your device. Use the BB10 device for the hardware, just have the PlayBook mirror the screen.

And that got me thinking: how awesome would it be that they just released a PlayBook version of Blend. Surely, Blend is still in its very early stages. They still have lots of potential for what it can actually do. If PlayBook was to ever get an updated version of Blend, that would bring a tremendous amount of life back to it!
    08-13-15 08:28 PM
    My playbook became so slow that today I wiped it. But honestly, my passport does so many things better than the playbook that I wonder what I will use it for for. Ebook reader and video player are the only things where I can see myself use it.
    -pac

Posted via CB10
    aluv likes this.
    10-07-15 04:50 PM
    I still use my PB to stream media to my tv.

I have a PB in my Amazon cart, waiting for the price to drop. People are actually still buying them. The available quantity dropped by a few units in the past month.

Passport (red)/Z30-5/Z10-3/Nexus 5 (6.0)
    11-09-15 03:46 AM
    Please update BlackBerry PlayBook for Android amozon appstore and OS stability updates?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 11:13 AM
    Please update BlackBerry PlayBook for Android amozon appstore and OS stability updates?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but that ship sailed.... in about two years BB10 users will be wanting the same thing.
    11-24-15 02:04 PM
    I've just bought a HP laptop from a friend for �80 couldn't say no.

If anyone want's to buy my PlayBook let me know - I'll even pay for the shipping
    12-04-15 04:16 AM
    My PlayBook is still kickin'. I've been undecided to purchase a new tablet, because I really just use it for reading. The browser is slow, and I've been suggested on installing a new one. I just haven't had the time to do so. What I am going to do, is try and have a developer test another PlayBook I have with another OS system. We'll see.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 11:17 AM
    It's still a better piece of hardware IMHO than most other tablets

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    BoneMatrix and Drew Oswalt like this.
    12-29-15 05:04 PM
    My PlayBook is still kickin'. I've been undecided to purchase a new tablet, because I really just use it for reading. The browser is slow, and I've been suggested on installing a new one. I just haven't had the time to do so. What I am going to do, is try and have a developer test another PlayBook I have with another OS system. We'll see.

Posted via CB10
    If you can get into the habit of turning off/on JavaScript support in the browser Settings/Content so that JS is available only for sites that need it, you should find browsing the web will be far more responsive & secure.

In my experience, it not so much that the JS engine in the Browser is slow but rather that JS is being used nowadays by many sites to suck out as much information about your browsing habits as they can, then have all manner of advertising crap pushed back into the page you're trying to load from servers and source you wouldn't normally want anything to do with!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BoneMatrix; 01-09-16 at 02:53 AM.
    01-09-16 02:42 AM
    If you can get into the habit of turning off/on JavaScript support in the browser Settings/Content so that JS is available only for sites that need it, you should find browsing the web will be far more responsive & secure.

In my experience, it not so much that the JS engine in the Browser is slow but rather that JS is being used nowadays by many sites to suck out as much information about your browsing habits as they can, then have all manner of advertising crap pushed back into the page you're trying to load from servers and source you wouldn't normally want anything to do with!

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Even my Mac's Safari does not work on those type of sites because I turn off java and cookies.
    01-22-16 07:09 PM
    You can do an awful lot better in 2016 ... good quality Android tablets that are very inexpensive.
    01-22-16 08:10 PM
68 123