Surprised no-one has reported this problem (a search didn't reveal anything)

Since upgrading to the latest OS I was having nightmares sending e-mails, kept getting the message "there was an interruption in sending this message please try again" and then message had a red cross next to it

Kept trying to re-send and then had the same issue

Then I got mocked my iPhone toting friend asking why my playbook had e-mailed him 5 times

After some repeated googling, it appears that there is an exchange bug in the latest OS, where it sends the e-mail but flags it as failed. Then it keeps trying to re-send the e-mail

Current solution appears to be to send the e-mail and then delete it from the in-box (but then you don't have a record of any sent e-mails and you don't know for sure if it was sent)

Is anyone else having the issue, I can't be the only one with the problem!

Turns out there is a fairly old thread on on the playbook support forums that I've woken up, and RIM have allegedly acknowledged the issue, but wont fix it until the next OS release

Forum Thread

Surely something this big should have one of their little releases pushed out...or does it have to be a whole new OS build?
    05-11-12 06:22 PM
    Same problem here. I've had it since the update.
    05-14-12 04:57 PM
    I had this too... I called RIM and they said it was my email provider (I have hosted BES). I called them and changed to imap for email and left activesync for calendar and contacts... Seems to have fixed it.
    05-15-12 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD