I tried this solution for Windows 8, and that's it, now it works.

Regards
    07-11-13 09:46 AM
    I also had to do a full wipe on the tablet and a reinstall. I had to hit "repair" not only was that my last resort but it did not work. Tried every options stated on this page but none worked. Not only did I loose some precious pictures but my playbook is useless. Any other suggestions?
    07-16-13 09:19 PM
    OMG! You're genius. Thanks so much
    KidCaboose likes this.
    07-21-13 03:11 PM
    Thank you for your post your troubleshooting tips helped me out a lot. Keep up the good work!!!
    KidCaboose likes this.
    08-23-13 06:36 PM
    I'd just go to Win7.....had nothing but trouble from Win8.....Blackberry Desktop caused problems, couple other programs I tried to install had issues.....Windows8 is just a disaster....
    08-24-13 02:23 PM
    I had been trying for over 24 hours to get my Playbook connected to my new computer and windows 8. I didn't want to ring Blackberry
    as last time I rang them I was on the telephone for over 3 hours, never again. I want to say a big THANK YOU this has worked and I can now put
    films onto the Playbook. Thank you again
    KidCaboose likes this.
    09-07-13 09:53 AM
    Thank you Sir, you are a genius, Genius, GENIUS!!!!
    I was on the verge of losing all my photo's, videos, etc.
    I had begun to hate my new laptop.
    Your fix WORKS!!!
    KidCaboose likes this.
    10-06-13 08:00 AM
    For anyone wondering, on the pc, going to search and typing \\your pb ip address\media works great and is better than the usb connection anyway, imo. Plus the latest version of link detected my pb successfully after a reboot, despite the driver issue. It's nice to connect usb and "check for software updates" in link anyway for wishful thinking. This reminds me, in desktop manager there used to be a registry key where you could change the server address where the app looked for updates, and there was, well, am address you could type that would check dev releases. Not sure if the key exists for link, and I think the server was an internal BB server anyway, not available on the public net. Just thinking out loud here. Feel free to ignore me.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 08:57 PM
    Omg! thank you so much....i have blackberry Q5 and had the same problem...was looking for solutions since 2 days..finaly ended here...and it worked...thxs
    01-05-14 08:14 AM
34 12