For whatever reason, 2.0.1.358 (and a completely different update experience on an unrelated other branded device around the same time that absolutely cannot be rolled back) made me leery of updating any further. I wanted to go back to the one before and was terrified to try, but this made it possible. 2.0.0.7971 seems snappy and quick on my 16G PlayBook, maybe because I use an antique router at home, I don't know. I did the full OS, did buy another 32G PlayBook though for real cheap which got the 2.1 update so I have both One thing I had to do to get messages working (thank goodness had the other PlayBook to compare) was update the mail server address.. guess it changed sometime since(?)..

Big Thanks to everyone here, this 2.0 has always been my fav! Glad to have it again for now. One question I wonder? I've never ever synched or backed up ever before. Would a backup now give me a 2.0 restore if needed?

Thx again!
    Last edited by Pcmx; 10-27-12 at 02:12 PM.
    10-26-12 11:55 PM
    ...One question I wonder? I've never ever synched or backed up ever before. Would a backup now give me a 2.0 restore if needed?

Thx again!
    If you backed up your PB running an older version of the OS, all that is backed up are the files not the OS. So if you back up your PB and do a security wipe, you will have to redownload the OS before restoring your PB from the back up. Hence, the OS that you would have would be the latest OS.... Unless you bypass the initial setup/download of OS after security wipe, the OS you get is the latest officially available one.
    Pcmx likes this.
    10-27-12 07:57 AM
    I am sorry if this has been asked before, but I could not find any answers. When performing firmware updating/downgrading using DingleBerry, what is the difference between CoreOS and FullOS? I have been a Blackberry user for some time now, but am only recently an owner of a PlayBook and have never had to use DingleBerry before.
    11-24-12 09:27 PM
    I am sorry if this has been asked before, but I could not find any answers. When performing firmware updating/downgrading using DingleBerry, what is the difference between CoreOS and FullOS? I have been a Blackberry user for some time now, but am only recently an owner of a PlayBook and have never had to use DingleBerry before.
    Hi, I wondered the same thing at first. I did "FullOS". Post #10 by xsacha explains it best. Maybe an example is if you did core you would downgrade the os but not the browser which stays the newer version. With full, you get the old browser again. At least, I think, but there is probably more to it and more apps. All my files and apps that I put on were still there. I knew I was taking a "risk" but followed instructions very carefully and thanks to the inquiries, answers, links, and info in the posts here, it worked

This isn't related to rooting.
    If you choose Full OS for downgrade, there will be absolutely no problems. It is exactly the same as if you just updated to 7971. It's same method RIM uses for updates.
    CoreOS should be fine too but the in-built apps will be 1.358 still.
    11-25-12 08:41 PM
    I really wish there was a way to downgrade from the latest OS to any previous one. *sigh* Why can't RIM just allow it?
    11-27-12 04:43 AM
    plz provide mirror for OS 2.0.0.7971 mediafire giving problem .
    11-27-12 12:21 PM
    plz provide mirror for OS 2.0.0.7971 mediafire giving problem .
    Here you go BlackBerry PlayBook OS Downloads
    11-28-12 05:04 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD