Playbook was my first tablet, At that time I was fascinated with the idea of have two platforms in one device i.e. playbook os and android player, thats unique even today. But now with time I think playbook should get something new.

Though playbook OS is a good OS but the only deal breaker is APPS. Blackberry knew this and provided android app support which is fantastic but with their set rules(which I think are absurd).

I really don't see much gain in playbook getting BB10(its more or less playook OS with some more gestures), the only thing that interests me is the newer android player they PROMISED (I don't believe in BB promises anymore) for BB10 aka android player 4.2 and with that native app support. If that becomes available for playbook thats enough for me( and I guess most of the playbook user out there). With that we will get the power of unlimited apps with the fluidity and simplicity of of playbook OS and will make this tablet better (m)any android tablet out there(considering the price point).

So its my humble request to devs and to BB(though I know they will not do anything) that just put in your efforts to port android player 4.2 and that will do the trick for this underrated slate.
    Last edited by funtoosh00; 07-03-13 at 04:37 AM.
    Ragwan and sibeans like this.
    07-03-13 02:14 AM
    That may still happen, they said they would be updating the PB and still supporting it (at least for a while longer).

Fingers crossed (but with a lot less trust).
    07-03-13 09:57 PM
    I don't reckon on them saying they will update the PlayBook OS, but only to continue to support the device.
    07-03-13 11:07 PM
    Well I think they must update to os3 after disappointing Playbook users and a lot of people who bought one (or more) just because bb10 announcement.
    Android 4.2, browser, keyboard and full bridge. That would be perfect. But don't know what to expect from BlackBerry anymore.. fingers crossed too!

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    07-04-13 03:38 AM
    Give us android 4.2 or unlock the playbook so we can have a different OS. Like the kindle fire HD as the two tablets are made by the same company
    07-04-13 04:00 AM
    Now that's a GREAT idea. I could care less what the actual BB OS version or features are as long as I can run all android apps efficiently with native lib support. The way the current app player cripples most apps from functioning efficiency or at all is appalling. This could work if BBRY listens and cares about existing customers.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    rupam95 likes this.
    07-04-13 07:49 PM
    why asking for bb10 anymore?
    it will gone with the wind, as the os is not as good as it gets... so do the appworld...

if we are talking about fairness, we must'nt hv androds on this blackberry propietary...
    all we shud do is give the things to our little nephew, for learning what is called TOUCH SKREEN...
    no offense dude...
    no angry dude..
    no hot tempered dude...
    no jaklan dude....
    07-09-13 10:19 PM
    Give us android 4.2 or unlock the playbook so we can have a different OS. Like the kindle fire HD as the two tablets are made by the same company
    working on unlocking! my only comment. and you must know its not at all easy. its insanely tough.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-10-13 04:45 AM
    FU-CK THE BLACKBERRY ANDROID PLAYER. FOCUS ON BLACKBERRY OS 10 AND BLACKBERRY TABLET OS 2. IF YOU WANT ANDROID JELLYBEAN BUY AN ANDROID SMARTPHONE OR TABLET.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    07-13-13 11:37 AM
    FU-CK THE BLACKBERRY ANDROID PLAYER. FOCUS ON BLACKBERRY OS 10 AND BLACKBERRY TABLET OS 2. IF YOU WANT ANDROID JELLYBEAN BUY AN ANDROID SMARTPHONE OR TABLET.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    all caps? keyboard malfunction?
    why not let them have android jelly beans? i can compile QNX if you want QNX i can make a QNX for the machine. does it cool you down?
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-13-13 01:10 PM
    I can see the point in having android updated. At the moment im happy with my playbook. I like the os and its multitasking. But the issue with it is the lack of good/current apps. If bb are dropping the playbook then the least they should do is give us the oppertunity of current android apps which would help the device last a while longer. Its not a case of just buying and android tab. I like the bb2 os and dont really want to go back to my andrid phone os...my pref is to stay with bb2 os with jellybean apps.
    07-13-13 03:17 PM
    This sounds possible, of course tweaking the thing to run nicely might take several years with a team of one.
    07-16-13 01:41 AM
    07-16-13 01:58 AM
    Just gimme Android Runtime 4.2!!! For fks sake.

Runtime 2.2 is limited and slow as fk
    Oscar Marizan likes this.
    08-14-13 12:22 PM
    They're not giving us jack and please don't expect anything more than squat.

If they couldn't have the decency to give us full bridge support on OS 10 what makes anyone think we'll get JellyBean? Use your Playbooks until they die but what you see is all you'll get. Playbooks owners were dismissed outright with no consolation prize.
    08-14-13 11:16 PM
    This conversation shows BB cares a damn for its loyal fan base, they are showing middle finger to early adopters, no wonder the Titanic of communication world is sinking so rapidly...
    08-16-13 11:47 AM