Not sure if this is new because I never really used Docs to Go prior to having corrective text.

I used WiFi transfer to transfer an Excel file from my PC to my PlayBook, but when I try to edit a cell, I get the following message:

"This content is locked. Press the category button to unlock."

Is there a "category" button I'm not seeing?
    01-19-12 02:03 PM
    That's a new one on me. You do have to turn on edit mode, and that sounds like what you are encountering, but it is Edit. Not sure about "category" and "locked" and "unock."

Being this is a file you moved to the device, is there anything about the file? Is it read only, perhaps?
    01-19-12 02:32 PM
    I did not transfer with wifi (I used explorer), but I was able to edit a cell and save it.
    Checking for "Read only" seems like a good suggestion.
    01-19-12 09:34 PM
    Post an update when you figure it out.
    01-20-12 05:05 AM
    Having same trouble , ever since i downloaded 2.0 for the play book and it did the same thing on bb 9900 never did get it too work read only
    how does 1 roll back to the original sw in playbook , it doesn't work with backup
    Any body know what to do is there another app out there for reading xcel spreadsheets

Pain in the , trying to figure out to get the DTG working
    02-23-12 04:11 PM
    I experienced the same issue with a spreadsheet I downloaded to my PB. I discovered that after removing a pivot table on the worksheet, I was able to edit fields on the worksheet.

HTH
    cytow likes this.
    02-27-12 09:55 AM
    I tried that still doesn't work

simple spread sheet lol for calculating how many gallons of water per how many feet of different sizes of pipe

is there any way i can send the file to u and just maybe u can see if u get it working

it worked fine before the upgrade to 2 main reason why i purchased the pb

might just have to redo the spread sheet in PB
    03-06-12 07:28 PM
    OK solved the problem

what i did was simple if that was the core of the problem lol but it worked did away with center across selection on the title , format cell , alignment , general , bottom , opened up the file on the desktop and just saved the changes

been going nuts , now to try this file , and see if i can get to work on my BB 9900

Thankyou

Just downloaded the same file to my BB 9900 and it works perfectly on the phone too now .

Thankyou Thankyou
    Last edited by cytow; 03-06-12 at 08:36 PM.
    03-06-12 08:16 PM
    Not exactly sure I follow what you did to solve the problem, did you find the "category" button? Any help getting the file unlocked and useable would be appreciated. It's a bit frustrating when it worked great before docs to go was "improved".
    Thanks in advance,
    Peace
    03-10-12 05:48 PM
    The issue I have with DocsToGo is when the app is running it causes the normally smooth operating playbook to be 'jittery' - i.e swiping up and shrinking the app is 'jittery'...and scrolling open apps is 'jittery'

This also happens with some of the android apps from App World

I also actually saw this 'jittery' action today on a demo playbook at Staples - not good for sales...it must be an OS2 thing RIM will soon remedy
    03-10-12 09:44 PM
    Downloaded the file to the PB
    got the message category at first
    Opened the file on the computer I edit the cells that were set to pivot table , some cells were Titles I had set too ( center across location) , saved as ( gave it a new file name ) and downloaded the file to the PB and BB 9900

using excel 2007
    03-13-12 08:48 AM
    if receiving error on excel sheet to press category button then check formating on your origional sheet.I had an error in formating in cell b77.Changed the formating on my to match other cells in that colum and it worked.I deleted the excel sheet on playbook then transfered the doc again to playbook.
    08-05-12 11:31 AM
    I came across this site. It has the same problem, but it addressed the problem with iPhone/android. I can't help but think BB users will have the same outcome. In short, if there are formulas in the worksheet that aren't supported by docs to go, the file will be considered read only and there will not be an option to edit or make changes. You have to find the formula that's causing the problem, delete it and then you can manage the file on your playbook.

DocID: 14410 - Why do I get a "Locked File" message when opening an Excel file on an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch?
    09-19-12 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD