Hey guys....
    Though of sharing this feature of playbook os2.0 with guys who are not aware of this multiple mails selection feature..

To delete multiple mails just follow the instructions...
    1) swipe from the top while you are in the native mail app
    2)tap on select option in the menu...
    3)now here's the fun part.... Simultaneously select the first and the last in between mail that you want to delete... And you have now selected multiple emails to delete just de-select the one that you want to keep and click on the thrash icon to delete the selected mails....
    04-16-12 09:33 PM
    Fantastic. I. Didn't know about that. Select and delete. Very cool
    04-17-12 12:27 AM
    There is also a screenshot function in the playbook OS that isn't really mentioned. All you have to do is press the volume up and volume down buttons on the top at the same time and a screenshot will be taken and stored in the pictures folder. I saw a video interview with Laziridis and he showed it but most people don't know about it. Cool stuff that RIM doesn't talk about. Apple would have had a whole video about it in order to promote their brand new OS

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    cavemen likes this.
    04-17-12 01:57 AM
    There is also a screenshot function in the playbook OS that isn't really mentioned. All you have to do is press the volume up and volume down buttons on the top at the same time and a screenshot will be taken and stored in the pictures folder. I saw a video interview with Laziridis and he showed it but most people don't know about it. Cool stuff that RIM doesn't talk about. Apple would have had a whole video about it in order to promote their brand new OS

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Thanks... I had no idea of it.

I think we should have a sticky post on cool features of OS 2.0
    04-17-12 06:39 AM
    the screenshot feature was available in OS 1
    04-19-12 11:09 AM
    Does this work for bridge email?
    04-19-12 11:16 AM
    I found a slightly easier way to multiple select. Press and hold on the first message then select the last email without releasing the first.
    04-19-12 10:44 PM
    I found a slightly easier way to multiple select. Press and hold on the first message then select the last email without releasing the first.
    That doesn't work for bridge email, but there is an option in native email to choose multiple emails to delete! Thank RIM! lol
    04-27-12 01:37 PM
    Thank you for advising of this makes things easier.
    04-27-12 01:43 PM
    That is fine for a page full (9)... what do you do for 800? I dont have all day to delete messages.
    How do you disactivate mail function when not needed?
    04-30-12 04:09 PM
    Does this work for bridge email?
    For bridge email, just tap the checked blue icon on the bottom-right of the headers list.
    You'll get a checkbox for each message. Can't remember if first/last select works ... but portrait orientation gives you quite a large number of messages to deal without having to scroll.
    ooopss ... it's willard ... ahum ... I bet you knew already . Leave it here for others.
    04-30-12 04:13 PM
    That is fine for a page full (9)... what do you do for 800? I dont have all day to delete messages.
    How do you disactivate mail function when not needed?
    Just go to settings/accounts and uncheck the mailbox property of the account. Warning: if IMAP, you'll probably get them all when re-activating.
    EDIT: Also there's a technique for multi-page select ... it's somewhere in the forum.
    EDIT 2 : here : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-inbox-706340/ see posts 3 and 8 for instance
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-30-12 at 04:25 PM.
    04-30-12 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD