There's no question that I've been a rather outspoken critic of RIM for the last six months or so. As a result, I think it's important that I give them credit for a bang up job on OS 2.0. I'm still not completely satisfied with the PlayBook, and I'm really disappointed that it took so long to make it out the door, but the update did address 3 of my 4 biggest complaints.

I'm really pleased with the Swifttype keyboard, it's almost completely taken the pain out of typing on the PlayBook. In addition, the blue tab that allows dragging of the cursor in a field is a vast improvement, as is the ability to make lists in Docs to Go. The 'reader' tab for the browser, and the improved browser speed are improvements that I greatly appreciate as well.

I'm not thrilled with the Android Player, I've had issues with the two Android apps that I've downloaded (via Appworld) freezing the player, though it's not a deal breaker for me, and I'm still extremely frustrated at the lack of a fully featured .pdf reader (my fourth major issue), especially now that Print to Go saves your documents to your PlayBook in .pdf format. I'm hoping something surfaces in Appworld soon that fills that void. I'm also hoping to see bezel scrolling in the near future.

Overall, I feel that OS 2.0 is a strong update that greatly improves the functionality of the PlayBook, but I'm hoping it doesn't take RIM another 10 months to push out the next functionality improvements.
    02-22-12 07:43 PM
    I was already happy with my PlayBook before OS2.0 was released early Tuesday morning so this update is just icing on the cake No complaints at all with my PlayBook.
    02-22-12 07:56 PM
    same here, would be lovely to see more useful features coming fast in the future updates.
    02-22-12 07:59 PM
    would be great seeing updates once a month making this playbook even better than it is
    02-22-12 08:27 PM
    OS 2 had a lot of content. Would be great to see fast, small, enhancement updates.
    02-22-12 08:29 PM
    OS2 is the second station of this OS, BB10 will be another, RIM moving the right direction, no doubt many upgrades and esp apps to follow
    02-22-12 09:46 PM
    Bezel scrolling is already here. Start with you finger on the screen and move it to the bezel to scroll.
    02-22-12 10:31 PM
    OS2 has exceeded my expectations and now I am loving my playbook more than ever!
    02-22-12 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD