I hope you guys aren't wasting too much time on this. Wouldn't it be less frustrating to just go something else?
    I believe we call this tinkering. The people over at Android Central get to do it all the time so why can't we?
    08-07-13 10:04 AM
    Try it with Dingleberry.
    Extract firmware from Autoloader and install it using Dingleberry.
    If it fails I will try to install 2.1 with Dingleberry again.

Last tries were successfull

I am not special, I am a Limited Edition using Tapatalk 4 beta
    08-07-13 10:04 AM
    I hope you guys aren't wasting too much time on this. Wouldn't it be less frustrating to just go something else?
    It's a challenge I guess.

Thorsten says it can't be done,
    and BlackBerry devs worked for ( wink, wink, wink) six months and failed.
    08-07-13 10:53 AM
    Come on guys lets do this.....

If we pull this off. We can GET BB10 EXPERINCE
    08-07-13 10:18 PM
    It's a challenge I guess.

Thorsten says it can't be done,
    and BlackBerry devs worked for ( wink, wink, wink) six months and failed.
    Exactly. I do like a challenge. Cheers.

Sent from my EVO using CB Forums mobile app
    08-07-13 10:22 PM
    BB didnt fail to do it, they just didnt like the performance. even if you load it on there how usable will it be even. that is the question
    msps likes this.
    08-07-13 10:32 PM
    BB didnt fail to do it, they just didnt like the performance. even if you load it on there how usable will it be even. that is the question
    Why wouldn't it be more than functional if the resolution is there then what would bee the problem?
    08-07-13 11:31 PM
    If it is possible to put it onto our playbook than we can uninstall processes, services, drivers, and features we don't need. First thing is getting 10.2 onto the playbook...next thing is focus on speeding it up and optimizing it by removing features we no have no use for and such.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 01:39 AM
    And that's what people are aiming to find out!
    08-08-13 03:50 AM
    Well this according to Thor. Of course I don't believe they wasted 10 cents, on even trying to get it polished on the playbook. Stock was EOL behind the scene ages ago, why would you burn money on a device internally they knew was dead.

Easiest thing is to say it ran like crap and take their word for it. After all with no proof of them ever working on it after Thor flapped it is coming to all pb. Us idiots will take their word for it and that's that.

At the end of the day Blackberry screwed themselves. I highly doubt people who just had a tablet would ever buy a bb10 device now.

Blackberry has only 3% of the market for a reason. Stupid mistake after stupid mistake. I bet Thor will be replaced in 6 months! His mobile computing vision is BS and clearly they dropped the ball on the BB10 launch and Never recovered.

So many months in they're still farting around trying to polish the os. I said many times it was rushed out a year to soon. Because they had no choice, bring what you have or surely be dead!
    antiRIM and chaosdivine like this.
    08-08-13 04:04 AM
    I just wish Blackberry would ask its users what it wants rather than just saying "hey, we don't like how it runs on here"....look at iOS 4 on iPhone 3G....it ran like crap....3.1.3 was better...and when iPhone 3GS got iOS 6, they say iOS 5 ran alot smoother......give folks an OPTION to use it...if they don't like the performance, keep the option of going back to BB 2.1.x.x...

I think its also pretty bad that I have more app selection availability on the Torch than the PlayBook.......the Torch at least gives me Yahoo Messenger and FaceBook Messenger....on the PlayBook, you have to pay for an IM program.....not fair at all....so yea, app limitations on NEWER device isn't all that fair
    chaosdivine likes this.
    08-08-13 04:17 AM
    BB didnt fail to do it, they just didnt like the performance.
    Thats what Thorsten said.
    We believe his words... NOT
    Tecker Man and chaosdivine like this.
    08-08-13 05:21 AM
    I just wish Blackberry would ask its users what it wants rather than just saying "hey, we don't like how it runs on here"....look at iOS 4 on iPhone 3G....it ran like crap....3.1.3 was better...and when iPhone 3GS got iOS 6, they say iOS 5 ran alot smoother......give folks an OPTION to use it...if they don't like the performance, keep the option of going back to BB 2.1.x.x...

I think its also pretty bad that I have more app selection availability on the Torch than the PlayBook.......the Torch at least gives me Yahoo Messenger and FaceBook Messenger....on the PlayBook, you have to pay for an IM program.....not fair at all....so yea, app limitations on NEWER device isn't all that fair
    The reason the iphone runs better after those last updates is because Apple clocks down the processor of legacy devices so you want to buy a new one, and if you were to call them out on it, they will just say it was part of battery optimization for longer use.
    08-08-13 07:46 PM
    The reason the iphone runs better after those last updates is because Apple clocks down the processor of legacy devices so you want to buy a new one, and if you were to call them out on it, they will just say it was part of battery optimization for longer use.

I was saying the OLDER versions of iOS on iPhones work better....like iOS 4 on iPhone 3G is an option....but its slow.....and therefore 3.1.3 is better.....and iOS 6 is on iPhone 3GS but iOS 5 is faster on it.....Apple knew that the devices couldn't handle the newer firmwares...but gave the option to upgrade anyway....Blackberry should do the same with the PlayBook...give the option to those that want BB10 on the PlayBook and if folks decide its too slow for their liking, the let folks go back
    pttptppt and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    08-09-13 12:12 AM
    Proof? Words don't count.
    BB give us what you had with BB10 (if you really had it)with the ability to go back to 2.1 and let US be the judge.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    08-10-13 08:05 AM
65 123