I have been battling with my IT shop for the past few months, and I haven't gotten anywhere, and it seems like they want to close out the ticket. Before I lost all hope I wanted to pose it to the group.

I know the PlayBook has ActiveSync and from what I have read on forums and BlackBerry.com it is possible, but what are they saying about not being able to report on it. Has anyone else ran into this issue and have any tips on working with their IT shop it get it working.
    Attached Thumbnails Corporate Activesync on Playbook-.png   Corporate Activesync on Playbook-response.png  
    01-15-13 11:03 PM
    I think you may be stuck here, it seems your company has a policy that any enterprise data on a mobile device has to be encrypted. The playbook has the option to be encrypted but the MobileIron MDM software your company uses seems to only support the existing BlackBerry Handsets and not the playbook so they are unable to verify your tablet is meeting corporate security requirements. Your only routes would be to seek a management exception (not sure if this is possible in your company) or wait for MobileIron to support the playbook.
    01-16-13 12:26 AM
    I would assume that MobileIron can add bb10 support and then when bb10 comes to the PB you would be OK. Until then i think you might be out of luck
    01-16-13 12:33 AM
    The feeling I have, for having tried and then failed too, is there are two levels of possible refusal, one being "Playbook not planned to be recognized here" as described above, and then you are stuck, but before this one there may be credential files that you may find on your work PC and transfer onto the Playbook, in a dedicated folder that normally appears aside the 'files' one.
    I am running vastly above my competence level here, so this may sound fuzzy, but I do remember my local IT guy transferring these signature files, which allowed us definitely to go a step forward, before discovering in the end the central system didn't accept 'playbooks' anyway...
    01-16-13 12:20 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys. Was hoping someone had some insight based on their own interactions. I guess I can guess cross my fingers and they support BlackBerry10 in the near future. I plan on getting it as soon as it comes out on Sprint (or maybe jump ship if it takes the Now network too long).
    01-17-13 06:36 PM