My work email/contacts/calender are all through out BES and I have been told that Native email/calendar/contacts will not be allowed to synch with it. I will need to use the bridge for that. I did however set up my hotmail account on my native email.

The native contacts is now populated but I am uncertain where this information was pulled from, as it would seem unlike it came from my BB as that is what is covered by my works BES. There are also disrecepancies between what is on my BB and what is on my native Contacts app on my PB.

I have no contacts set up on my hotmail account. So its sort of like "great I have this but is it syncing with anything that I change"?
    02-21-12 06:04 PM
    Can anyone tell me how to sync my contacts and calendar from my desktop to my playbook?
    02-21-12 06:13 PM
    My work email/contacts/calender are all through out BES and I have been told that Native email/calendar/contacts will not be allowed to synch with it. I will need to use the bridge for that. I did however set up my hotmail account on my native email.

The native contacts is now populated but I am uncertain where this information was pulled from, as it would seem unlike it came from my BB as that is what is covered by my works BES. There are also disrecepancies between what is on my BB and what is on my native Contacts app on my PB.

I have no contacts set up on my hotmail account. So its sort of like "great I have this but is it syncing with anything that I change"?
    You bb doesn't interface with the native apps unless you are using google or hotmail or the like for your calendar contacts and mail and syncing your bb or at least that is what I'm getting. Otherwise your bb only interfaces with the bridge apps. You can uncheck in bridge to not use your mail, calendar and contacts if you don't want to have the same info in both native and bridge. As for your contacts are you sure they didn't come from hotmail?
    02-21-12 06:35 PM
    To expand on this....is it possible to bridge...and copy contacts (or some of them) from the blackberry to the playbook contacts so they are there permantently?
    02-21-12 06:40 PM
    To expand on this....is it possible to bridge...and copy contacts (or some of them) from the blackberry to the playbook contacts so they are there permantently?
    +1!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe there isn't a simple way to do this, especially from a BB to the playbook
    02-21-12 06:58 PM
    I think I might be having the same problem as you or something similar , where I want to be able to view my bb contacts on my PlayBook thru bridge but when I try to go into it I get a message saying that there is no active contact services set up on your BlackBerry smartphone.
    02-21-12 08:57 PM
    On your BB, go to Edit Gmail Account - Synchronization Options and make sure Contacts is checked.

Still on your BB, go to Options - Device - Advanced System Settings - Default Services, and select Gmail for Contact List (SYNC).

After that, you're ready to access your BB's contact list from your PB
    11-06-12 08:39 AM
    Bridge doesn't sync anything. It is only an interface, a window into the data on the smartphone. You can't move items from it or into it, all edition is done directly in the smartphone.

Right now, there is no way to directly sync from a PC (I'm betting you guys mean Outlook). What you could do is use Google connector to sync Outlooks contacts to a Gmail account and then add that account to the PlayBook.

OP, the contacts came from Hotmail. You said yourself BES ones wouldn't sync.
    11-07-12 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD