How do I do this? Does a restart do it, or is there a way without restarting?
    06-09-12 01:40 AM
    Why do you want to?
    06-09-12 01:46 AM
    It's irrelevant, I just need to.
    06-09-12 06:48 AM
    A possible workaround would be to copy a series of SPACES or other characters to the clipboard when you want to "clear" it
    06-09-12 10:06 AM
    A possible workaround would be to copy a series of SPACES or other characters to the clipboard when you want to "clear" it
    That doesn't really clear it, though. To clear it, reboot.
    06-09-12 12:20 PM
    You can do this via SSH. Login in via SSH and delete /accounts/1000/clipboard/text.plain. You can SSH via "Playbook Connect" or "Dingleberry" (this works without rooting the PB) and once SSH is running, you can connect using WinSCP if you want a GUI for browsing files. (You could also do it via the SSH terminal offered by both Dingleberry and Playbook Connect).

You can also edit the file to change the contents of the clipboard.

(You can also view the file by typing file:///accounts/1000/clipboard/text.plain into the browser, but you can't delete or edit it from there.)

EDIT: If you want more info on how to connect via SSH, I outlined the steps in a bit more detail here: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...3/#post7447599

EDIT: Another, easier method:

Get Dingleberry or Playbook Connect. Run either and open an SSH terminal, and type the following:
    Code:
    rm /accounts/1000/clipboard/text.plain
    (sadly you only seem to be able to run scripts in rooted, otherwise you could easily run a little script to do this. Even so, it's not that difficult EDIT: Turns out you can run scripts without root, but it's a bit less convenient - easier to just type this one command)
    Last edited by SifJar; 06-10-12 at 04:04 PM.
    06-09-12 12:32 PM
    You can do this via SSH. Login in via SSH and delete /accounts/1000/clipboard/text.plain. You can SSH via "Playbook Connect" or "Dingleberry" (this works without rooting the PB) and once SSH is running, you can connect using WinSCP if you want a GUI for browsing files. (You could also do it via the SSH terminal offered by both Dingleberry and Playbook Connect).

You can also edit the file to change the contents of the clipboard.

(You can also view the file by typing file:///accounts/1000/clipboard/text.plain into the browser, but you can't delete or edit it from there.)

EDIT: If you want more info on how to connect via SSH, I outlined the steps in a bit more detail here: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...3/#post7447599
    OK. Your post got me thinking, and I found an easier way to do it. Open or download and open Ghost Commander, a free file browser in app world. From Home choose Local Storage, then navigate to, as sifjar said, accounts/1000/clipboard/text.plain. Choose the text.plain file and then "edit". A text editor will open with whatever is in the clipboard. Delete the text here, then swipe down from the top and choose "save". The clipboard will then be empty.
    06-09-12 01:55 PM
    OK. Your post got me thinking, and I found an easier way to do it. Open or download and open Ghost Commander, a free file browser in app world. From Home choose Local Storage, then navigate to, as sifjar said, accounts/1000/clipboard/text.plain. Choose the text.plain file and then "edit". A text editor will open with whatever is in the clipboard. Delete the text here, then swipe down from the top and choose "save". The clipboard will then be empty.
    You can also just delete the file, rather than blanking it. It will be recreated if anything is added to the clipboard (at boot, this file does not exist until something is copied; therefore to truly return to a state of blank clipboard, I think this is the best way to do it. Although both will work just fine and make no real difference I don't think)
    06-09-12 02:32 PM
    OK. I didn't want to mess around with deleting the file, just in case. But I did notice that after deleting the text in the file, that when pressing and holding in a text input box, the "paste" option is not available. I assumed this meant that the clipboard was empty.
    06-09-12 02:55 PM
    OK. I didn't want to mess around with deleting the file, just in case. But I did notice that after deleting the text in the file, that when pressing and holding in a text input box, the "paste" option is not available. I assumed this meant that the clipboard was empty.
    Yeah, it's pretty much the same thing then. I knew that deleting caused the "paste" prompt to disappear, I hadn't tested just blanking the file, so I wasn't sure if the prompt would still show but then paste nothing. Seeing as it doesn't show up, it doesn't matter which way you do it. I'd just say deleting is probably faster than editing the file and blanking it all out
    06-09-12 03:16 PM
    Using the app Stuff I can see "text.plain" in the folder "clipboard" and I can delete it
    Last edited by anthogag; 06-10-12 at 01:56 AM.
    06-09-12 09:03 PM
    Thanks guys
    06-10-12 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD