May be a silly question, but how often do you charge your playbook? I usually let mine fully drain before recharging. Is it better to keep it topped up or fully draining and charging? Or does it matter?
    thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    07-12-12 03:04 PM
    Better to keep it topped off. The new batteries do not like being drained. How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University
    07-12-12 03:06 PM
    There have been some instances where folks have run the pb battery down and had trouble recharging after that. Since there is no old-fashioned memory effect with these types of batteries, you are best served by NOT running down completely.

I will report that when I had other problems, Rim did instruct me to discharge till the pb turned off and I did this 3 times as instructed and I had no problems recharging my unit.
    07-12-12 03:57 PM
    I usually let mine drop just below 10% then fully charge.
    PowderJockey likes this.
    07-12-12 04:05 PM
    interesting read. seems like the worst thing for them is temperature, not so much cycles. thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-12 12:44 PM
    Temperature is a real killer. But full discharge can also be tough.
    07-13-12 01:00 PM
    Temperature is a real killer...
    right!

despite that RIM wraps them both once more.

maybe to distract from the fact that they
    are using two ATL 3558B5 each 2700mAH.

if you dare to Ebay oversea in Asia you can
    get this li polymer packs less than 10$.

but who does...

regards
    Damian
    07-14-12 07:48 AM
    Since i read a little about charging with the "new generation" of batteries, i never let my pb below 9/10%

I had a lot of problems with my last tablet(sudden battery kills;low performance, etc) and i did in fact let the batt drain off every single time... So i did the math...

If my PB get in the "redzone" and i'm far from home, i turn it off...

Hope i helped

Pedro
    07-14-12 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD