Is this possible? I have an iPad and most websites will present HTML5 video instead of flash when an iPad is detected. Websites don't tend to do this for the PlayBook. I don't like the flash experience on the PlayBook and would prefer to disable flash and use HTML5; but disabling flash simply shows the flash version with missing elements instead. So is it possible to set the useragent string in the PlayBook browser to that of an iPad?
    12-25-11 05:21 AM
    You might want to look at the thread titled "here are 2 apps rim doesn't want you to have or look into simple browser. Not sure if either will do that. I find flash works fine and java script is the big slow down with the browser.
    12-25-11 09:16 AM
    As kbz1960 says, there are now alternative Browsers that allow you to change UserAgents. They might work for what you want BUT some sites also use some other "detection" methods. Not that I'm a hulu user but tried using the "here's two" Browsers but hulu still would not work. So give them a try and see if they get you your html5 working.
    12-25-11 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD