When will be cascades available for pb. And could we expect more apps coming. Or am I just dreaming.
    05-08-12 11:35 AM
    Depends what you mean by cascades being available.... If you mean thinigs like scrapbook which uses cascades or the actual BB10 which we will not see to later this year.... May seem some implimentation of cascades might show in OS2.1... as for apps.... well there are some 20,000 right now with new ones coming out everday so unsure about the apps comemnt.....
    05-08-12 11:48 AM
    Cascades developer tools got publicaly released about a week ago, so there are probably quite a few applications being developed using Cascades right now. After they are developed they must be submited to app world and once approved they are released. Obviously there will be number of apps that will not be released until BB10 comes out. I'm guessing that within a month app world will start getting some apps that were developed with Cascades.
    05-08-12 11:58 AM
    Ok thanks. That means we dont really need bb10?
    05-08-12 12:28 PM
    Ok thanks. That means we dont really need bb10?
    Scrapbook is in cascades.. And Pacemaker uses it too.. They work fine with the present tablet OS.. I guess they ship the required shared libraries.. So they work even now.. Just the SDK wasn't made available till some days ago. Now that it is relased, devs can start using it I think..

Maybe BB10 will have the required libraries built in..
    05-08-12 12:41 PM
    I don't think Cascades apps written in the new SDK will run on the current PB OS.

I could be wrong on that (I think I recall a post from xsasha that claimed you only had to make sure the Cascades libraries were on board but I'd like more information first).
    05-08-12 12:43 PM
    I don't think Cascades apps written in the new SDK will run on the current PB OS.

I could be wrong on that (I think I recall a post from xsasha that claimed you only had to make sure the Cascades libraries were on board but I'd like more information first).
    Pacemaker uses the new SDK.
    You just need to pack Qt with the app. Whereas BB10 comes with Qt. That's the only difference.

I've converted several cascades apps to playbook with a 5 line script.
    godsend85 likes this.
    05-08-12 01:02 PM
    xsacha...would you mind sharing a step by step tutorial for achieving this. I saw your post on other thread but I m still not able to convert.
    would be of great help to devs who don't own alpha device yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    05-08-12 02:28 PM
    when are Tat/rim going to release the apps that were demo'd in 2010 and 2011 ?

05-08-12 04:13 PM
    when are Tat/rim going to release the apps that were demo'd in 2010 and 2011 ?

Some of those apps wont ever be released, many were made to strictly be demo apps to show whats possible.
    05-08-12 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD