Hey CBers,

After the V2 update I was super impressed. Just got the 358 update a fews days back which seemed fine until I plugged it into the PC to copy some photos over when I ran into some issues.

First of all it popped up with the new user guide which suggested I install DM. I declined but windows wouldnt pop up with the usual Z: drive. I opened DM which recognised the PB but it kept asking me to update my device software because my version was "0.00". o_o

Since then I have removed the drivers, DM, restarted the PB about six times and read about a hundred forums with no luck.

All the settings have been toggled on and off and I am not sure there is a way I can get my bloody files off the PB.

Any help will save me from madness.

Thanks CB.
    04-30-12 10:26 AM
    I guess it should've been done the first time. When you plug it in now do you have a rim or blackberry drive in computer or my computer? If so double click the drive and drivers and dm will be installed.
    04-30-12 10:36 AM
    Try the beta DM 7 at Beta Zone. I had the same problem and it worked after I installed the beta DM7...
    04-30-12 11:58 AM
    First, check if you do not have an additional update from the PB (OTA, around 18MB).
    Then, you must install the new PB drivers (should have been prompted at the end of OS2.0.1 setup).
    Plug your PB with USB and check in "my computer" if you can see a RIM/BB round black logo with something like "Playbook CD" (sorry memory translated). If it is here, explore and find the setup file ... should do the trick.

If not you may consider uninstalling DM and install it back from scratch : BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com (suggested beta, so far I know, is not mandatory, but I can be wrong).

Also search the forum, there are some topics about it.
    04-30-12 04:35 PM
    I guess it should've been done the first time. When you plug it in now do you have a rim or blackberry drive in computer or my computer? If so double click the drive and drivers and dm will be installed.
    To newcomers: note the "dm" here is the abreviation of DEVICE manager, against Desktop Software Manager that we often name DM. (and ... that Dev. manager is included into Desk. manager, there is no separate download available ...).
    04-30-12 04:39 PM
    I have tried all of the above.

When the PB is plugged in it prompts me to install DM and drivers.

If I continue, it installs, but no Z: drive and DM recognises the PB but it says I need to update my device software to 358 - but that's the version I have already.

Even in DM it says that your device does not support file access.
    04-30-12 08:08 PM
    Fix for this issue ... :
    go on the playbook in setting, storage and sharing
    then, DO NO SELECT USB CONNECTIONS CONNECT TO WINDOWS
    simply use automatically detect
    then uninstall blackberry device manager, reboot, reinstall it and tadam
    after this you may want to go in the little blackberry device manager on the bottom right (taskbar), right click then properties, options and make sure mount tablet volume on connect and launch files explorer on volume connect is checked
    05-02-12 09:41 PM
    Thanks for the response.

I have tried this and no luck.

Tried with both auto detect and windows options and have reinstalled drivers AND DM 4 times now.

05-02-12 10:04 PM
    Read in one of the thread that you need to turn off Bridge when connecting to USB, might be worth the try.
    05-02-12 10:31 PM
    Bridge is off. I don't have a BB handset any more.
    05-02-12 11:23 PM
    just make sure everything is installed in the windows device manager.. if something have driver not working, reinstall it
    05-03-12 05:52 AM
    Try the beta DM 7 at Beta Zone. I had the same problem and it worked after I installed the beta DM7...
    This is by far the only way you are going to get it to work, my PC at home did the exact same thing and I downloaded the desktop software beta 7 from the BB beta zone and it worked.
    05-03-12 08:48 AM
    turn off your wifi and bluetooth.
    05-03-12 09:09 AM
    I've tried all these and more and feel your pain as nothing is working. Truly incredible a year later and this device would struggle to connect to a computer via USB. Partying like it's 1999.

Unless anyone has other ideas, looks like this is another "wait until the next OS and maybe it will be right" Blackberry playbook moments.
    05-03-12 10:28 AM
    A temporary solution has been supplied in:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1/#post7342478
    05-05-12 06:14 PM
    Thanks mate, got it working with WiFi but still no USB.

Hopefully RIM knows about this one because my PB feels a bit handi-capable at the moment
    05-09-12 05:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD