Hi guys,

I know we can use DingleBerry to downgrade the PlayBook's OS, but can we use it to upgrade the OS?
    06-07-12 06:14 AM
    Stop dingling your berry and use DM.
    06-07-12 09:10 AM
    I believe you can indeed use Dingleberry to upgrade the OS. I think you just put the files in the "Custom" folder within the "Firmware" folder of Dingleberry and then run Dingleberry and choose "Firmware" and then change the version to "Custom" and select Core OS or Full OS depending on your preference.

stackberry369: Without using a custom update server, DM will only ever allow you to upgrade to the latest full OS. If you want to update to an earlier OS, or just update the Core OS, or only certain other components etc., Dingleberry is the superior and easier option.
    bounce007 likes this.
    06-07-12 10:21 AM
    Stop dingling your berry and use DM.
    LOL Wow. Next response please.

I believe you can indeed use Dingleberry to upgrade the OS. I think you just put the files in the "Custom" folder within the "Firmware" folder of Dingleberry and then run Dingleberry and choose "Firmware" and then change the version to "Custom" and select Core OS or Full OS depending on your preference.

stackberry369: Without using a custom update server, DM will only ever allow you to upgrade to the latest full OS. If you want to update to an earlier OS, or just update the Core OS, or only certain other components etc., Dingleberry is the superior and easier option.
    Thank you SifJar. I was thinking that would be the way to do it. Just wanted to know if any has successfully done it. I have downgraded to different versions of the OS but never tried upgrading to a later version using DingleBerry. Thanks again
    Last edited by bounce007; 06-07-12 at 10:26 AM.
    06-07-12 10:24 AM
    Yeah it will work from the Custom folder
    Dingleberry doesn't know/care whether you are upgrading or downgrading.
    06-07-12 11:07 AM
    It works to upgrade, but once you've upgraded to 2.1 you can't go lower that 2.0.1 (at least not with Dingleberry).
    06-12-12 12:01 AM
    The new update brings some minor tweaks and fixes along with a new script. ... Unless you can find a US proxy that plays nice with Hulu, that is. ... DingleBerry 3.0.x loaded only the core OS on to the device, sometimes ...
    Image Editing Services | Image Processing Service | Photo Retouching Services | Photo Restoration | Outsource Image processing
    06-20-12 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD