I own a 64 GB Playbook, and really like it alot.

I havn't used it for a few weeks though, as I received an Ipad2 for my birthday.

I love both devices.

But with 2.0 coming out, I wanted to know if someone could comment on the overall speed/responsiveness of the device after the update.

with the playbook i felt i had to apply a bit force force to my swipes when navigating webpages, and they never scrolled that fast or matched the responsiveness of an Ipad.

So, is it faster? More responsive?

Also, in the new email client when you open an email that has pictures attached, is there an option to just open them or do they just download when tapped on?

Thanks a bunch.
    02-21-12 11:44 AM
    yes os2 is ALOT faster n more responsive then os1...

as for pix in email in options you can have them open auto ie like it does on hotmail..gmail etc..or you can turn that off and have it show up as links..as for downloading them idk yet
    02-21-12 11:56 AM
    theres no contest. This is by far the smoothest build.

I have yet to experience any type of lag or choppiness. (even in appworld!)
    02-21-12 12:42 PM
    OS2 is faster, but keep in mind, when you add like 6 accounts for email, FB, activesync etc. your first 20 minutes afterwards is like walking through a tub of mollases, until the PB POPs and sync all your accounts.
    Once that painful 20-30minutes is over, its like butta.
    02-21-12 01:49 PM
    Overall, OS2 brings some astonishing speed improvements. Several of the apps I tested run noticeably faster than before.

I did notice a significant speed *decrease* in WebWorks apps after the update (confirmed by side-by-side comparison with 1.0.8) I think this may be related to canvas, but I won't know for sure until I put together a few tests.
    02-21-12 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD